Exiting from a frame via Response.Redirect?
Author Message
 Exiting from a frame via Response.Redirect?

I'm having a problem getting my login screen to work right. The web app has
frames. I allow the user to "log out", but if I call Response.Redirect to go
to the login page, from a page that is currently displaying inside a frame,
then the login page also shows up in that frame. I can't seem to get it to
exit the frame. I've tried quite a few ideas, but now I'm stumped. This
should be easy, right? What's the best method?

Jango

Sat, 28 May 2005 11:55:37 GMT
 Exiting from a frame via Response.Redirect?
I had the same problem and solved it by having a javascript statement on the
log out page that breakes out of the frames.  It is a simple solution but
the only one I could could come up with so far.  The only limitation of this
is that the browser must support javascript.

I hope this helps.

Marcin

Quote:
> I'm having a problem getting my login screen to work right. The web app
has
> frames. I allow the user to "log out", but if I call Response.Redirect to
go
> to the login page, from a page that is currently displaying inside a
frame,
> then the login page also shows up in that frame. I can't seem to get it to
> exit the frame. I've tried quite a few ideas, but now I'm stumped. This
> should be easy, right? What's the best method?

> Jango

Sun, 29 May 2005 00:20:05 GMT
 Exiting from a frame via Response.Redirect?

Quote:
> I had the same problem and solved it by having a javascript statement on
> the
> log out page that breakes out of the frames.  It is a simple solution but
> the only one I could could come up with so far.  The only limitation of
> this
> is that the browser must support javascript.

That would work great. Care to share the javascript code with me?

Thanks,

Jango

Wed, 01 Jun 2005 04:40:24 GMT

1. Response.Redirect issue

2. Response.Redirect creates multiples parameters

3. Try {Response.Redirect}

4. Formatting xml web service response via http

5. Console I/O stops after debugger is entered and exited via Break and Go

6. exit(1), exit(2), exit(3) ....???

7. What is the difference between Application.Exit(), Environment.Exit(-1) and Thread.CurrentThread.Abo

8. DLL exiting with exit code 0x03

9. Exit Sub / Exit Function

10. exit function exit()

11. Which to use: exit(0) or exit(1) on

12. Exit function for all EXIT/CLOSE methods