Sending Email Help (C#)
Author Message
 Sending Email Help (C#)

I have a LinkLabel and my form so when clicked it will
open up the default email client to send an email.  I
used the following line of code

but I get an Error "Specieifed Module Could Not Be Found"

Can someone please help ... Thank you in advance

NAder

Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:46:05 GMT
 Sending Email Help (C#)
Nader,

        Well that probably isn't going to work. What I would suggest is adding
the WebBrowser control to your add by using 'Customize Toolbox' and
adding the COM control. Then drag and drop it on your app it will create
a variable called axWebBrowser1. You can then do
object oEmpty = null;

oEmpty,oEmpty,oEmpty );

Of course IE and Netscape probably store the default email application
in the registry so you could look in there and run the app found. Either
should work.

Andrew

-
Andrew T Finnell
Active Solutions LLC - Software Consultancy

Quote:

> I have a LinkLabel and my form so when clicked it will
> open up the default email client to send an email.  I
> used the following line of code

> but I get an Error "Specieifed Module Could Not Be Found"

> Can someone please help ... Thank you in advance

> NAder

Wed, 24 Nov 2004 21:54:39 GMT
 Sending Email Help (C#)
It works on my system.  I disagree with using a web brower; defaults like
web browers and email clients should be handled on the shell.

Does System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("http://www.yahoo.com/") work on your
system?

Bret

Quote:
> Nader,

> Well that probably isn't going to work. What I would suggest is adding
> the WebBrowser control to your add by using 'Customize Toolbox' and
> adding the COM control. Then drag and drop it on your app it will create
> a variable called axWebBrowser1. You can then do
> object oEmpty = null;

> oEmpty,oEmpty,oEmpty );

> Of course IE and Netscape probably store the default email application
> in the registry so you could look in there and run the app found. Either
> should work.

> Andrew

> -
> Andrew T Finnell
> Active Solutions LLC - Software Consultancy

> > I have a LinkLabel and my form so when clicked it will
> > open up the default email client to send an email.  I
> > used the following line of code

> > but I get an Error "Specieifed Module Could Not Be Found"

> > Can someone please help ... Thank you in advance

> > NAder

Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:10:28 GMT

1. C#: Sending Lotus Notes email messages

2. Sending a multipart/alternative email in C#

3. Send Email from C# via Outlook

4. Help on sending email with an attachment!!!

5. Help: How to send email from a MFC Dialog based App

6. help sending html via email with mfc?

7. Help me by teaching me how to send email in VC by Mapi

8. sending email from MFC dialog. (automatically send an email)

9. Send SMTP Email _WITHOUT IIS_?

10. sending email from within an application...

11. Email Bulk Send

12. Export a Crystal Report and send it by email