Is WebRequest.Create() and WebRequestFactory.Create() same ??????
Author Message
 Is WebRequest.Create() and WebRequestFactory.Create() same ??????

Whats the difference between
WebRequest.Create( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ") and
WebRequestFactory.Create(" http://www.*-*-*.com/ ") .

Regards,
Ashish

Sun, 15 May 2005 21:10:46 GMT
 Is WebRequest.Create() and WebRequestFactory.Create() same ??????
Ashish,

    The Create method on the IWebRequestFactory interface is called by the
static Create method on the WebRequest method.  The thing is, the
IWebRequestFactory typically will handle one protocol (it is usually mapped
to one protocol, that is).  By doing this, you can pass all of your URLs to
WebRequest.Create and then have the framework get the appropriate WebRequest
(if the protocols are different).

    You should not be calling IWebRequestFactory.Create directly.

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]

Quote:
> Whats the difference between
> WebRequest.Create(http://www.jimmysvalueworld.com") and
> WebRequestFactory.Create("http://www.jimmysvalueworld.com") .

> Regards,
> Ashish

Sun, 15 May 2005 21:29:03 GMT

1. WebRequest.Create() not available in C# ?

2. WebRequest.Create() in System.Net;

3. Am I creating new threads or ultra waste???

4. C# , i am trying to create a file on the server using C#

5. I am creating a new query using ADOX and no matter

6. C problem involving creating creating your own .LIB file

7. Creating VC++ built COM application in VB - resulting in - ActiveX can't create object

8. Create thread message queue without creating window?

9. Error creating file, but .exe is created succesfully???

10. Creating an AppWizard to create a blank workspace

11. creating a program on cd to create directories and folders on a hard drive

12. Creating Shortct, Create Link does not work