Intellisense... C# interop objects used in classic ASP
Author Message
 Intellisense... C# interop objects used in classic ASP

Yes, I HAVE searched all over for the answer and couldn't find it for this
question.

I've written some components in C# and used them as regular COM objects.
However, is it possible for Interdev to read their intellisense information?

I'm not talking about the VS.NET IDE, I'm working on my ASP pages in
Interdev 6.0, and really would like the intellisense information to show up
there just like most COM components would.

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 01:48:51 GMT
 Intellisense... C# interop objects used in classic ASP
If it has a generated TLB file then you can refrence that to gain the
intellisense - other than that I'm not sure about packaging C++ so that it
contains the COM stuff for Interdev to get intellisense.

Interdev uses the Set Something = Server.CreateObject("ProgID.ClassName")
statement to determine if it should attempt to give intellisense for the
object ('Something').

Chris Barber.

Yes, I HAVE searched all over for the answer and couldn't find it for this
question.

I've written some components in C# and used them as regular COM objects.
However, is it possible for Interdev to read their intellisense information?

I'm not talking about the VS.NET IDE, I'm working on my ASP pages in
Interdev 6.0, and really would like the intellisense information to show up
there just like most COM components would.

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 02:14:24 GMT
 Intellisense... C# interop objects used in classic ASP
I'm aware of all that, yet it still doesn't show up like my VB6 components
do.

Quote:
> If it has a generated TLB file then you can refrence that to gain the
> intellisense - other than that I'm not sure about packaging C++ so that it
> contains the COM stuff for Interdev to get intellisense.

> Interdev uses the Set Something = Server.CreateObject("ProgID.ClassName")
> statement to determine if it should attempt to give intellisense for the
> object ('Something').

> Chris Barber.

> Yes, I HAVE searched all over for the answer and couldn't find it for this
> question.

> I've written some components in C# and used them as regular COM objects.
> However, is it possible for Interdev to read their intellisense
information?

> I'm not talking about the VS.NET IDE, I'm working on my ASP pages in
> Interdev 6.0, and really would like the intellisense information to show
up
> there just like most COM components would.

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 02:57:09 GMT
 Intellisense... C# interop objects used in classic ASP
Are you getting intellisense for this object if you reference it in VB?
(just checking).

Chris Barber.

I'm aware of all that, yet it still doesn't show up like my VB6 components
do.

Quote:
> If it has a generated TLB file then you can refrence that to gain the
> intellisense - other than that I'm not sure about packaging C++ so that it
> contains the COM stuff for Interdev to get intellisense.

> Interdev uses the Set Something = Server.CreateObject("ProgID.ClassName")
> statement to determine if it should attempt to give intellisense for the
> object ('Something').

> Chris Barber.

> Yes, I HAVE searched all over for the answer and couldn't find it for this
> question.

> I've written some components in C# and used them as regular COM objects.
> However, is it possible for Interdev to read their intellisense
information?

> I'm not talking about the VS.NET IDE, I'm working on my ASP pages in
> Interdev 6.0, and really would like the intellisense information to show
up
> there just like most COM components would.

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 04:17:20 GMT
 Intellisense... C# interop objects used in classic ASP
Nope.

Quote:
> Are you getting intellisense for this object if you reference it in VB?
> (just checking).

> Chris Barber.

> I'm aware of all that, yet it still doesn't show up like my VB6 components
> do.

> > If it has a generated TLB file then you can refrence that to gain the
> > intellisense - other than that I'm not sure about packaging C++ so that
it
> > contains the COM stuff for Interdev to get intellisense.

> > Interdev uses the Set Something =

Server.CreateObject("ProgID.ClassName")

> > statement to determine if it should attempt to give intellisense for the
> > object ('Something').

> > Chris Barber.

> > Yes, I HAVE searched all over for the answer and couldn't find it for
this
> > question.

> > I've written some components in C# and used them as regular COM objects.
> > However, is it possible for Interdev to read their intellisense
> information?

> > I'm not talking about the VS.NET IDE, I'm working on my ASP pages in
> > Interdev 6.0, and really would like the intellisense information to show
> up
> > there just like most COM components would.

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 05:46:55 GMT
 Intellisense... C# interop objects used in classic ASP
There's some attributes with  names similar to "ComVisible" and autodual,
etc.
(sorry I can't remember all of it ) if you look these up and apply the
correct
one(s) to your Interop, the resulting TypeLibrary will expose everything
just
as if it were written in VB.6

Quote:
> Nope.

> > Are you getting intellisense for this object if you reference it in VB?
> > (just checking).

> > Chris Barber.

> > I'm aware of all that, yet it still doesn't show up like my VB6
components
> > do.

> > > If it has a generated TLB file then you can refrence that to gain the
> > > intellisense - other than that I'm not sure about packaging C++ so
that
> it
> > > contains the COM stuff for Interdev to get intellisense.

> > > Interdev uses the Set Something =
> Server.CreateObject("ProgID.ClassName")
> > > statement to determine if it should attempt to give intellisense for
the
> > > object ('Something').

> > > Chris Barber.

> > > Yes, I HAVE searched all over for the answer and couldn't find it for
> this
> > > question.

> > > I've written some components in C# and used them as regular COM
objects.
> > > However, is it possible for Interdev to read their intellisense
> > information?

> > > I'm not talking about the VS.NET IDE, I'm working on my ASP pages in
> > > Interdev 6.0, and really would like the intellisense information to
show
> > up
> > > there just like most COM components would.

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 07:29:18 GMT
 Intellisense... C# interop objects used in classic ASP
Thanks for the point in the right direction....

If anyone else was interested....

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemRuntime...
ServicesComVisibleAttributeClassTopic.asp?frame=true

Quote:
> There's some attributes with  names similar to "ComVisible" and autodual,
> etc.
> (sorry I can't remember all of it ) if you look these up and apply the
> correct
> one(s) to your Interop, the resulting TypeLibrary will expose everything
> just
> as if it were written in VB.6

> > Nope.

> > > Are you getting intellisense for this object if you reference it in
VB?
> > > (just checking).

> > > Chris Barber.

> > > I'm aware of all that, yet it still doesn't show up like my VB6
> components
> > > do.

> that
> > it

> > Server.CreateObject("ProgID.ClassName")
> the

> > this

> objects.
> > > information?

> show
> > > up

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 11:57:13 GMT
 Intellisense... C# interop objects used in classic ASP
damn, I thought that would do it but when I actually tried it it still
doesn't work.

Any more ideas?

Quote:
> Thanks for the point in the right direction....

> If anyone else was interested....

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemRuntime...
Quote:
> ServicesComVisibleAttributeClassTopic.asp?frame=true

> > There's some attributes with  names similar to "ComVisible" and
autodual,
> > etc.
> > (sorry I can't remember all of it ) if you look these up and apply the
> > correct
> > one(s) to your Interop, the resulting TypeLibrary will expose everything
> > just
> > as if it were written in VB.6

> > > Nope.

> VB?

> > components

> the
> > that
> > > it

> > > Server.CreateObject("ProgID.ClassName")
> > the

> for
> > > this

> > objects.

> > show

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 20:25:05 GMT

1. Accessing ASP(not ASP.Net) built-in objects with C#

2. Using Object Wizard to create ASP-hostable ATL objects

3. How to access ASP document object in C# ?

4. Cobranding Passport-login-page using ASP .NET and C#

5. Can not create web application (ASP.NET using C#)

6. Using Crystal Report in ASP.net with C#

7. ASP.NET using C# - Delete all files with same extension with one call

8. Using C# instead of ASP

9. ASP.NET question, using C#

10. connect to SQL with ASP.net using C#

11. C# ASP.NET Forms - Client Side Validation using Custom Validator Control

12. writing C# assambly for COM+ and use it by asp/vb/asp.net