C# Coding Standard
Author Message
 C# Coding Standard

Quote:
> Our company is beginning to use C# for some of it
> projects. There are many examples of C++ coding standards
> on the Internet. Does anyone know of similar examples? It
> would be nice a have an example instead of starting from
> scratch.

Fire up your .NET Framework SDK docs and go to:

.NET Framework SDK

 |_ Reference

     |_ Design Guidelines for Class Library Developers

Those are mostly naming guidelines, not syntax guidelines
necessarily.

For Syntax, most people use Pascal braces rather than
K&R braces, but both are acceptable. Most people use
most of the Java syntax guidelines (except for the K&R
stuff).

-c

Mon, 23 May 2005 00:46:09 GMT
 C# Coding Standard

Quote:

> Our company is beginning to use C# for some of it
> projects. There are many examples of C++ coding standards
> on the Internet. Does anyone know of similar examples? It
> would be nice a have an example instead of starting from
> scratch.

Microsoft have various recommendations at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-
us/cpgenref/html/cpconnamingguidelines.asp

which is

http://tinyurl.com/2cun

if you want to avoid wrapping problems.

--
Jon Skeet

If replying to the group, please do not mail me at the same time

Mon, 23 May 2005 00:51:06 GMT
 C# Coding Standard
Here are the standards we used for the Visual Basic samples:

http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/vb/VBSampleGuidelines.htm

Many would also apply to C#. For our C# documents, we follow the default
formatting options of Visual Studio. You can find those in the Tools |
Options dialog box, in the Text Editor | C# folder.  This is basically what
you'd get if you selected some badly formatted text in the code editor, and
then from the menu selected Edit | Advanced | Format selection.

-Robin
VB User Education (Visual Basic and Visual C# Concepts)

> Our company is beginning to use C# for some of it
> projects. There are many examples of C++ coding standards
> on the Internet. Does anyone know of similar examples? It
> would be nice a have an example instead of starting from
> scratch.

Mon, 23 May 2005 05:52:17 GMT

1. C# coding standard

2. C# coding standard

3. C# coding standards

4. Wanted: Printable C# coding standards document

5. coding anti-anti-standards [was: coding anti-standards]

6. New C# Source Code Sample - Running JScript.NET Code from C# Apps

7. C/C++ Code Reviews and Automatic Coding Standards and Metrics Tool

8. Looking for C (and/or C++) coding and code management standards

9. PRB: Building code tree from C# code using CodeDom

10. PRB: Building code tree from C# code using CodeDom

11. C# Standard

12. Can you distribute applications developed with C# Standard Edition