RTC(Real Time Communications) app.
Author Message
 RTC(Real Time Communications) app.

I'm writing an app. using RTC Client API in C#
to implement a small messenger.
COMInterOp was used to cash in on the RTC API with VS.NET.
According to RTC SDK documentation, to receive the
specified events, an object which receives the events is
required to be registered. I hardly know what to do to
meet it.

Esp, in RTCCORELib (COMInterOp in C#), where can I find
IConnectionPoinContainer,IConnectionPoint, and Advise
method?

The docu says the followings;

//
// Snippet : Register the event interface.
//
// Note: This method is in the CRTCOutgoing class, which
// implements the IRTCEventNotification interface.
HRESULT                             hr          = S_OK;
DWORD                               dwEventCookie;
IUnknown                            *pUnknown   = NULL;
IConnectionPointContainer           *pCPC       = NULL;
IConnectionPoint                    *pCP        = NULL;

hr = QueryInterface( IID_IUnknown,
                     reinterpret_cast<void**>
(&pUnknown) );

// If (hr != S_OK) process the error here.

// Get the connection point container interface pointer.
hr = pIRTCClient->QueryInterface(
IID_IConnectionPointContainer,
    reinterpret_cast<void**> (&pCPC) );

// If (hr != S_OK) process the error here.

// Get the RTC event notification interface
// from the connection point container.
hr = pCPC->FindConnectionPoint(
IID_IRTCEventNotification, &pCP );

// If (hr != S_OK) process the error here.

// Call the Advise method to give RTC the IUnknown
pointer
// for the event.
hr = pCP->Advise( pUnknown, &dwEventCookie );

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:53:29 GMT
 RTC(Real Time Communications) app.
AFAIK all this connection-point logic is done automatically
by .NET and mapped to events & delegates...

Please check !old! RTC C# sample:
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sample.asp?url=/MSDN-FILES/027/00...
(WARNING: was for .NET RC version, you can't use it unchanged)

--
  NETMaster  (Thomas Scheidegger)
  http://www.cetus-links.org/oo_csharp.html

Quote:

> I'm writing an app. using RTC Client API in C#
> to implement a small messenger.
> COMInterOp was used to cash in on the RTC API with VS.NET.
> According to RTC SDK documentation, to receive the
> specified events, an object which receives the events is
> required to be registered. I hardly know what to do to
> meet it.
> Esp, in RTCCORELib (COMInterOp in C#), where can I find
> IConnectionPoinContainer,IConnectionPoint, and Advise
> method?
> The docu says the followings;
> // Note: This method is in the CRTCOutgoing class, which
> // implements the IRTCEventNotification interface.

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:30:00 GMT

1. Using RTC(Real-Time Communication) COM in WindowsCE

2. Get Real Time Clock (RTC) time/date

3. Real Time Clock on Red Hat Linux Hangs on Read (from /dev/rtc)

4. Real Time Clock (RTC) in C/C++

5. Real Time Communication

6. Real Time Apps?

7. Real-time App. and MFC

8. How To Set Win98 time from RTC

9. real-time vs. user-time

10. Help!: problem with fast timing for real-time application on PC

11. Real time From Time Zone information

12. Real Time and Timing