Changing Menu Background Color in C# Windows Forms
Author Message
 Changing Menu Background Color in C# Windows Forms

Hello All,
I have created a project in C# consisting of a MainMenu control and several
menu items.
I have set the OwnerDraw property of each of the menu items to True and
programmatically
added GIF files in place of the menu item Text.

What I would like to know is how to make a call/alter/access the Menu's
background color.

Basically  --- what is the Visual Studio .NET equivalent of going to Control
Panel -->
Display Properties --> Appearance, then choosing
'Menu' from the Item drop-down box and changing the color?
I have tried to access the Menu structure in the SystemColors
Class(System.Drawing Namespace).
This contains the method that gets the background color of a Windows menu,
although I haven't found a way to set it.

Regards,
PP.

Please reply direct to my e-mail address,
Thanks

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:58:55 GMT

1. problem: How to change the background color of menu items and menu bar

2. Bitmap Resource Background changes color from Windows 98 to Windows 2000

3. Changing background color of a Form view

4. change background color of menus in winxp

5. How to change Menu background color?

6. How to change the background color of menu control in VS.net

7. how to change windows background color at run time

8. Changing the Background Color of a Dialog to match the background of a Bitmap

9. Background color and text color in menu

10. Bitmap Color Change when I changed from Windows 98 to Windows 2000

11. Change text color and background color in CEditView

12. Change a part of Background color or a part of text color from CListCtrl