mySQL and c#
Author Message
 mySQL and c#

I am working on a C# application which will need a mySQL database.  Could
someone please let me know what I have to do to connect to a mySQl DB from
c# ?

So far I have the following installed:
Windows 2000
Visual Studio .NET
mySQL
myodbc
odbc_net

Thank you.

Thu, 30 Dec 2004 08:29:44 GMT
 mySQL and c#

Quote:
> I am working on a c# application which will need a mySQL database.  Could
> someone please let me know what I have to do to connect to a mySQl DB from
> c# ?

You need nothing more than http://crlab.com/mysqlnet/

Have fun!

Mark

---

Thu, 30 Dec 2004 09:41:32 GMT
 mySQL and c#
Thanks.  Unfortunately, I do need one more thing..... the $99 they want for
it.  Curses!

Quote:
> > I am working on a c# application which will need a mySQL database.
Could
> > someone please let me know what I have to do to connect to a mySQl DB
from
> > c# ?

> You need nothing more than http://crlab.com/mysqlnet/

> Have fun!

> Mark

> ---

Fri, 31 Dec 2004 11:50:34 GMT
 mySQL and c#
You could also try to register the mySQL database via ODBC, and then call it
via the OLEDB Provider for ODBC with ADO.NET
Regards.
Rodrigo
Smartmatic Corp.

Quote:
> I am working on a c# application which will need a mySQL database.  Could
> someone please let me know what I have to do to connect to a mySQl DB from
> c# ?

> So far I have the following installed:
> Windows 2000
> Visual Studio .NET
> mySQL
> myodbc
> odbc_net

> Thank you.

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 04:08:16 GMT
 mySQL and c#
Just go to www.mysql.com, select "MyODBC" from the nav bar on the right,
install it, and then configure it. I've been performing simple
operations with MySQL via C# without a problem for a while now. I've
heard some people mention that there are some problems with the driver,
but I have yet to encounter them.

Point being, the MySQL ODBC driver works with .NET.

Quote:

> I am working on a c# application which will need a mySQL database.  Could
> someone please let me know what I have to do to connect to a mySQl DB from
> c# ?

> So far I have the following installed:
> Windows 2000
> Visual Studio .NET
> mySQL
> myodbc
> odbc_net

> Thank you.

Sun, 02 Jan 2005 03:51:16 GMT
 mySQL and c#
Scratch that..

Lost my mind for a minute.

I just got home an realized that I've been using interop for the past
year to access MySQL with plain-Jane ADO.

Just plain forgot.

The point, then, is that MySQL doesn't seem to work with .NET, as much
of the rest of the world has already figured out.

This, of course, is why I am "NOT an MVP."

Quote:
> Just go to www.mysql.com, select "MyODBC" from the nav bar on the right,
> install it, and then configure it. I've been performing simple
> operations with MySQL via C# without a problem for a while now. I've
> heard some people mention that there are some problems with the driver,
> but I have yet to encounter them.

> Point being, the MySQL ODBC driver works with .NET.

>> I am working on a c# application which will need a mySQL database.  Could
>> someone please let me know what I have to do to connect to a mySQl DB from
>> c# ?

>> So far I have the following installed:
>> Windows 2000
>> Visual Studio .NET
>> mySQL
>> myodbc
>> odbc_net

>> Thank you.

Sun, 02 Jan 2005 08:03:44 GMT
 mySQL and c#
No problem.  Actually, I managed to get it working.  I had to install
odbc_net from MS and myodbc from mysql.

Thanks to all for the replies though.

Quote:
> Scratch that..

> Lost my mind for a minute.

> I just got home an realized that I've been using interop for the past
> year to access MySQL with plain-Jane ADO.

> Just plain forgot.

> The point, then, is that MySQL doesn't seem to work with .NET, as much
> of the rest of the world has already figured out.

> This, of course, is why I am "NOT an MVP."

> > Just go to www.mysql.com, select "MyODBC" from the nav bar on the right,
> > install it, and then configure it. I've been performing simple
> > operations with MySQL via C# without a problem for a while now. I've
> > heard some people mention that there are some problems with the driver,
> > but I have yet to encounter them.

> > Point being, the MySQL ODBC driver works with .NET.

> >> I am working on a c# application which will need a mySQL database.
Could
> >> someone please let me know what I have to do to connect to a mySQl DB
from
> >> c# ?

> >> So far I have the following installed:
> >> Windows 2000