Diagnostics.Process.Start from Windows Service Question
Author Message
 Diagnostics.Process.Start from Windows Service Question

Go to Services, under Administrative Tools in the Control Panel.
Right click on your service & select properties.
On the Log On tab select "Allow service to interact with desktop"

Can anyone tell me how to do this from my C# Service or Service Installer
class?

thanks

Bill

Quote:
> I am trying to launch an application from a Windows Server. When I call
the
> System.Diagnostics.Process.Start on a Windows Form I get the following
> error,

> "An unhandled exception of type 'System.TypeInitializationException'
> occurred in system.drawing.dll

> Additional information: The type initializer for
> "System.Drawing.SafeNativeMethods" threw an exception."

> Does this mean you are unable to execute applications from a Windows
> Service?

> Thanks
> drachon

Mon, 06 Dec 2004 01:53:11 GMT

1. Diagnostics.Process.Start from Windows Service Question

2. Windows service applications (System.Diagnostics.DebuggableAttribute headaches)

3. System.Diagnostics.Process Questions

4. starting a process from service

5. Windows Service (not a web service) question

6. Windows Service not starting with 1053 error - one of possible causes - solution

7. windows service start() has no contract!

8. Can't start windows service...

9. How to start/stop a Windows service from another program

10. Basic windows service from wizard - installs but ain't there for a net start

11. Working with System.Diagnostics.Process

12. System.Diagnostics.Process, WaitForExit