System.ExecutionEngineException - framework bug?
Author Message
 System.ExecutionEngineException - framework bug?

Someone told me that a System.ExecutionEngineException "always" means
there's a bug with the framework.  I don't know if that's true, I kind
of doubt it. I did notice it's uncatchable, which is odd.  If you put
the offending line in a try block, you still get the exception in the
de{*filter*} the same way.   But anyway, here's how I got that exception.

I'm trying to implement a URL Moniker in C#, so that I can resolve
relative links in the webbrowser control.  I'm told there is no other
way but a URL Moniker.  Has anyone done this successfully in c#?  (If
you're in a hurry and you just want to answer "yes", I'll even take
that!)

So far all I hear is "oh yea that's gonna be hard but its totally
doable". And yet I haven't found anyone who did it.

Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:03:28 GMT

1. System.ExecutionEngineException

2. System.ExecutionEngineException exception

3. System.ExecutionEngineException - mixing managed/unmanaged code

4. TLBIMPORT raises System.ExecutionEngineException

5. VC7 Debugger Crashes with System.ExecutionEngineException?

6. System.ExecutionEngineException cant be caught

7. System.ExecutionEngineException when making COM call

8. Unhandled Exception: System.Configuration.ConfigurationException: Could not create System Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler, System

9. Bug : XmlSerializer.Serialize(System.IO.TestWriter,..)

10. BUG in System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapFormater

11. ? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_

12. System.Runtime.InteropServices.VTableCallsNotSupportedException