Soap Deserialization (help i've lost the plot!!)
Author Message
 Soap Deserialization (help i've lost the plot!!)

I want to use a soap formatter to serialize my objects to disk ...
(I can serialize / deserialize the object within the same application)
I also want to deserialize the objects into another application, this it
wont let me do as it seems to hold the assembly name in the soap file.  I
have figured out that if I use a custom ISerializable interface that I can
affect the name of the assembly that is serialized, but I cannot figure out
how to deserialize it ...

ANY HELP GREATFULLY RECIEVED

TIA

Matt

Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:10:13 GMT
 Soap Deserialization (help i've lost the plot!!)
Matt,

    Does your other application hold a reference to the assembly where the
class was serialized from?  If not, then it won't work when you try to
deserialize it in another app-domain (you need to have the same assembly
loaded in the other app domain).

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

Quote:
> I want to use a soap formatter to serialize my objects to disk ...
> (I can serialize / deserialize the object within the same application)
> I also want to deserialize the objects into another application, this it
> wont let me do as it seems to hold the assembly name in the soap file.  I
> have figured out that if I use a custom ISerializable interface that I can
> affect the name of the assembly that is serialized, but I cannot figure
out
> how to deserialize it ...

> ANY HELP GREATFULLY RECIEVED

> TIA

> Matt

Fri, 31 Dec 2004 23:26:10 GMT
 Soap Deserialization (help i've lost the plot!!)
please explain "hold a reference to the assembly where the"

Hold a reference where?

Quote:
> class was serialized from

Quote:
> Matt,

>     Does your other application hold a reference to the assembly where the
> class was serialized from?  If not, then it won't work when you try to
> deserialize it in another app-domain (you need to have the same assembly
> loaded in the other app domain).

>     Hope this helps.

> --
>                - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

> > I want to use a soap formatter to serialize my objects to disk ...
> > (I can serialize / deserialize the object within the same application)
> > I also want to deserialize the objects into another application, this it
> > wont let me do as it seems to hold the assembly name in the soap file.
> > have figured out that if I use a custom ISerializable interface that I
can
> > affect the name of the assembly that is serialized, but I cannot figure
> out
> > how to deserialize it ...

> > ANY HELP GREATFULLY RECIEVED

> > TIA

> > Matt

Sun, 16 Jan 2005 06:12:39 GMT

1. I've lost the linker dialog box HEEEEELLLP

2. Can u help me?I've a simple doubt in accessing data from VC++

3. Bitmaps, again (please help me, I've spent 2 days on this now :-( )

4. wretched C++ (Was: Ousterhout and Tcl lost the plot with latest paper)

5. When is a -ve number +ve in ANSI?

6. Help, I'm lost

7. Getting Microsoft SOAP to work with an Apache SOAP server

8. Help: Deserialization

9. Oldest C compiler you've used?

10. How to use xxgdb -- I've got a problem

11. I've been learning C for a short time now.......(continued)

12. I/O streams: I've got to make a port to a 16-bit platform