How to Convert a DataSet into RecordSet?
Author Message
 How to Convert a DataSet into RecordSet?

Hello,
If i pass a dataset as a object and capture that object in a VB dll , how do
i convert that into a record set at the VB end? Please Help
Regards,
Dinesh

Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:23:24 GMT
 How to Convert a DataSet into RecordSet?

Quote:
> Hello,
> If i pass a dataset as a object and capture that object in a VB dll , how
do
> i convert that into a record set at the VB end? Please Help
> Regards,
> Dinesh

....there is no way to do that.
The fill method of the DataAdapter let you use a ado.recordset, but there
ist no method to convert a DataTable into a recordset.
That's a really missing method!

--
Greetings from Germany

Heinz Willi Wiedow

Tue, 14 Jun 2005 18:37:11 GMT
 How to Convert a DataSet into RecordSet?
Hi Dinesh,

Although there is no direct way to turn one DataSet into Recordset, we can
use XML to help us.  Please refer to following  KB article:
HOW TO: Convert an ADO.NET DataSet to ADO Recordset in Visual Basic .NET
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316337

Regards,

Bill Cheng
Microsoft Support Engineer
--------------------

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.CSharp
| Subject: How to Convert a DataSet into RecordSet?
| Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 14:53:24 +0530

2002 09:23:32 GMT)

| Hello,
| If i pass a dataset as a object and capture that object in a VB dll , how
do
| i convert that into a record set at the VB end? Please Help
| Regards,
| Dinesh

Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:44:38 GMT

1. ADO COMException Problems with Recordset (vs. DataSet)

2. DataSet <--> Recordset

3. can we assign two colums from one dataset to another dataset

4. Problem Converting ADO Recordset to XML

5. how to convert a variant to ado recordset?

6. Convert VARIANT * to ADO recordset *

7. Problem Converting ADO Recordset to XML

8. Recordsets: converting COleVariant

9. How to convert variant (passed from VB client) to recordset in VC++

10. Recordsets: converting COleVariant

11. Recordsets: Converting COleVariant

12. How to convert to ADODB.Recordset