Changing printer settings, DEVMODE And C#
Author Message
 Changing printer settings, DEVMODE And C#

I need to be able to change printer settings programatically on the fly. I
have tried changing printer options using PrinterSettings object but the
changes never seem to take affect. I have seen the calls to get and
setHdevmode(). the get function returns an IntPtr. how can you manipulate
something using this IntPtr. DEVMODE was a structure under C++ but there
does not seem to be an equivelant under C#.

Please help, my project is dependent on this working.

Mon, 21 Jun 2004 01:43:25 GMT
 Changing printer settings, DEVMODE And C#
Nick,

The IntPtr return is a generic integer which you can use to get access to a
platform-dependent handle or structure. Use the ToPointer() method to cast
it to a void *, then cast it to the DEVMODE structure pointer. If you use
Managed Extensions for C++, the structure is already defined for you in the
Platform SDK; in C#, you may have to create your own structure definition.

Since the returned structure is a feature of the Windows API, you'll need
to call Windows APIs using the pointer. You may find the article Q167345
useful as a reference to the platform-specific steps needed to manipulate
DEVMODE.

However, I am curious as to the features you are trying to manipulate that
aren't responding. That is not specifically a function of C#; if you have
some code you'd like to show us to demonstrate the problem, we'd like to
see it. You should direct any inquiries on .NET Frameworks objects to the
public.dotnet.* newsgroups. Thanks!

Derrick Glass
Microsoft Developer Support - Visual Studio

--------------------

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
| Subject: Changing printer settings, DEVMODE And C#

| Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 17:43:25 GMT

| I need to be able to change printer settings programatically on the fly. I
| have tried changing printer options using PrinterSettings object but the
| changes never seem to take affect. I have seen the calls to get and
| setHdevmode(). the get function returns an IntPtr. how can you manipulate
| something using this IntPtr. DEVMODE was a structure under C++ but there
| does not seem to be an equivelant under C#.
|
| Please help, my project is dependent on this working.

Wed, 23 Jun 2004 06:05:00 GMT

1. Setting default printer via DEVMODE struct and EnumPrinters

2. changing printer settings, still does not work

3. How to change Printer Settings?

4. Changing the default printer settings for the entire system

5. Change printer settings

6. Changing Printer Settings On The Fly

7. Retrieving the driver or DEVMODE with only a Printer DC

9. How to change time dynamically when Reginal Setting is changed

10. Printer settings in Richtext-files

11. Setting printer to landscape mode thru C

12. Help with setting printer parameter