Broken Show() and Hide() for Forms.Form.TabPage
Author Message
 Broken Show() and Hide() for Forms.Form.TabPage

I noticed that using tabPage.Show() and tabPage.Hide(), where tabPage is
a handle to any of the created tab pages, nothing actually happens. I
expected that calling Hide during run time would hide the tab page
in question but it doesn't. It simply remains there, 100% accessible
and visible to the user. I'm sure this is a bug.

Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:08:11 GMT
 Broken Show() and Hide() for Forms.Form.TabPage
Hi Degt,

The Show() and Hide() methods are not supported in the TabControl. The code compiles just because they are inherited from the Control class. As you can see that
these items are not shown up in the property browser.

I'm guessing that what you want is to hide or show tabpages accordingly. If so, you will have to remove them from the TabControl temporarily  and store them in an
array when you want to "hide" them and add them back when you want to "show" them again.

Also, I have seen some third party TabControl controls,which support methods like Show() and Hide().

Regards,

Felix Wu
=============

--------------------

Quote:

>Subject: Broken Show() and Hide() for Forms.Form.TabPage
>Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 13:08:11 +0200

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.CSharp

>I noticed that using tabPage.Show() and tabPage.Hide(), where tabPage is
>a handle to any of the created tab pages, nothing actually happens. I
>expected that calling Hide during run time would hide the tab page
>in question but it doesn't. It simply remains there, 100% accessible
>and visible to the user. I'm sure this is a bug.

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:00:49 GMT

1. is it possible to show Form on TabPage ?

2. system.windows.forms.form.show()

3. modeless form using form.Show() method in C#

4. Show the main form once it has been hidden

5. UserControl does not show on running form and properies do not show

6. Form.TopMost broken?

7. Launching a Form as a pop up type form

8. form to form

9. Make Windows Form Application with VC++.NET 2002 using a visual form

10. Form to Form Communication

11. Passing Values From Form to Form (global) help!

12. How do I navigate from Form to Form.