MDI question
Author Message
 MDI question

Hello,
in a MDI container, i add a tabcontrol that allows me to switch between the
child forms (that have to be maximized by default). but what i do doesn't
work as well i would ... :

private void TabControl_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs
e)
{
switch(TabControl.SelectedIndex)
{
case 0:
SecForm.WindowState = FormWindowState.Normal;
FirstForm.WindowState = FormWindowState.Maximized;
FirstForm.Focus();
break;

case 1:
FirstForm.WindowState = FormWindowState.Normal;
SecForm.WindowState = FormWindowState.Maximized;
SecForm.Focus();
break;

default:
break;

Quote:
}
}

Is that code wrong ?

Thanks

Mon, 13 Dec 2004 23:26:16 GMT
 MDI question
This code should work. I just tested it in a sample I have and it seems to
work fine. What is the problem you see?

On a related note, what you probably need is the Tabbed MDI UI that is
popularized in VS.Net. Essential Tools from Syncfusion features this Tabbed
MDI framework. Its very easy to turn on tabbed mdi mode in your MDI apps.

Check out the feature at:
http://www.syncfusion.com/products/tools.asp
(Look for "Tabbed MDI" in this page).

You can also download a demo and get an evaluation.

Regards,
-Praveen Ramesh
Syncfusion, Inc.
www.syncfusion.com

Quote:
> Hello,
> in a MDI container, i add a tabcontrol that allows me to switch between
the
> child forms (that have to be maximized by default). but what i do doesn't
> work as well i would ... :

> private void TabControl_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender,
System.EventArgs
> e)
> {
> switch(TabControl.SelectedIndex)
> {
> case 0:
> SecForm.WindowState = FormWindowState.Normal;
> FirstForm.WindowState = FormWindowState.Maximized;
> FirstForm.Focus();
> break;

> case 1:
> FirstForm.WindowState = FormWindowState.Normal;
> SecForm.WindowState = FormWindowState.Maximized;
> SecForm.Focus();
> break;

> default:
> break;
> }
> }

> Is that code wrong ?

> Thanks

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 03:44:11 GMT

1. Question: MDI question

2. MDI question?

3. MDI question

4. MDI Question ?

5. Beginner MDI question

6. MDI Question

7. MDI question???

8. MDI Question

9. MDI question

10. Newbie MDI question...should be an easy one

11. a MDI question (i think)

12. MDI questions (mostly beg. ques)