registering shared assembly
Author Message
 registering shared assembly

Hi. Would anybody help me?

I've been tried to register an assembly that will be referenced by many
applications.
for that, I drag & drop the assembly DLL to the "C\WINNT\assembly" folder.
It's looks registered successfully. version number, public key token,
codebase.. all information is displayed correctly..

but, when I open the dialog for adding reference the assembly, it is not
listed on the list box of .NET tab. I have to locate the assembly's path
with browse button.

Why my assembly is not shown on the add reference dialog?
and What shall i do for it?

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 09:39:25 GMT
 registering shared assembly

Quote:
> Hi. Would anybody help me?

> I've been tried to register an assembly that will be referenced by many
> applications.
> for that, I drag & drop the assembly DLL to the "C\WINNT\assembly" folder.
> It's looks registered successfully. version number, public key token,
> codebase.. all information is displayed correctly..

> but, when I open the dialog for adding reference the assembly, it is not
> listed on the list box of .NET tab. I have to locate the assembly's path
> with browse button.

> Why my assembly is not shown on the add reference dialog?
> and What shall i do for it?

You can't reference directly from the GAC with VS.NET:

http://discuss.develop.com/archives/wa.exe?A2=ind0109D&L=DOTNET&P=R11366
http://discuss.develop.com/archives/wa.exe?A2=ind0107D&L=DOTNET&P=R6575

--
Patrick Steele
Microsoft .NET MVP

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 22:00:16 GMT

1. EBX Register assumed preserved in Inline Assembly

2. VC++ & assembly code passing arguments in registers

3. Beta 2 to Release Conversion: Failed to Register Assembly when hitting Transactional Code

4. Creating Instance of a third party class registered in .net assembly in run time

5. DLL Locking Shared Assemblies

6. Multiple Version Shared Assemblies & Remoting

7. Running assemblies from shared directories

8. Deploying a shared assembly

9. Shared assembly with C#

10. Shared Assembly

11. asking about "shared assembly version policy"

12. Problem creating a shared assembly