Bubble up Mousewheel events?
Author Message
 Bubble up Mousewheel events?

I created a form with a panel that contains controls. The panel also
contains panels which contain controls.  I would like to use the Parent
panel for scrolling the controls within it.  I want the user to be able to
do this with the mouse wheel if they have one.  Is there any way to "Bubble
up" the mousewheel events to the parent control (or the parent.parent
control?) so that anytime the mosuewheel is used it only modifies the scroll
bar of the master panel?  ( Is anyone out there actively using the
mousewheel? I can't seem to find any info on it.)

Sat, 28 May 2005 19:58:07 GMT
 Bubble up Mousewheel events?
John,

Simply add the parent control as a listener to the mouse events of the child
control.

Quote:
> I created a form with a panel that contains controls. The panel also
> contains panels which contain controls.  I would like to use the Parent
> panel for scrolling the controls within it.  I want the user to be able to
> do this with the mouse wheel if they have one.  Is there any way to
"Bubble
> up" the mousewheel events to the parent control (or the parent.parent
> control?) so that anytime the mosuewheel is used it only modifies the
scroll
> bar of the master panel?  ( Is anyone out there actively using the
> mousewheel? I can't seem to find any info on it.)

Sat, 28 May 2005 23:30:44 GMT
 Bubble up Mousewheel events?
Chris,

Quote:
> John,

> Simply add the parent control as a listener to the mouse events of the
child
> control.

> > I created a form with a panel that contains controls. The panel also
> > contains panels which contain controls.  I would like to use the Parent
> > panel for scrolling the controls within it.  I want the user to be able
> > do this with the mouse wheel if they have one.  Is there any way to
> > "Bubble up" the mousewheel events to the parent control (or the
> > parent.parent control?) so that anytime the mosuewheel is used
> > it only modifies the scroll bar of the master panel?  ( Is anyone out
> > there actively using the mousewheel? I can't seem to find any info
> > on it.)

Or override the OnMouseWheel method of the control and forward the event to
the parent-form at that point.

Regards,

Randy

Sun, 29 May 2005 00:16:19 GMT

1. MS DataGrid and Mousewheel event

2. Bubble events - Row changed

3. MOUSEWHEEL handling

4. detecting mousewheel over a WebBrowser control ?

5. WIN98 MouseWheel problem

6. Mousewheel scroll disabled since splitter window

7. MouseWheel trap

8. MouseWheel trap

9. MouseWheel question

10. detecting mousewheel over a WebBrowser control ?

11. MouseWheel / Intellimouse - ClassWizard adds OnMouseWheel on w95 ???

12. MouseWheel