C#, .NET and gaming
Author Message
 C#, .NET and gaming

Just wanted to get some opinions on how viable .NET, and
more specifically C#, will be for game creation.  Does
anyone have any, or know where to find, examples of
DirectX use with .NET and C#?

Performance (CLR runtime) and ease and integration of
DirectX (OpenGL??) are primarily the opinions I'm looking
for.

Thanks to all in advance.

Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:47:39 GMT
 C#, .NET and gaming

Quote:
> Just wanted to get some opinions on how viable .NET, and
> more specifically C#, will be for game creation.  Does
> anyone have any, or know where to find, examples of
> DirectX use with .NET and C#?

> Performance (CLR runtime) and ease and integration of
> DirectX (OpenGL??) are primarily the opinions I'm looking
> for.

Here's a few links I have re: DirectX and .NET:

http://discuss.develop.com/archives/wa.exe?A2=ind0012C&L=DOTNET&P=R16258

http://discuss.develop.com/archives/wa.exe?A2=ind0108B&L=DOTNET&P=R16140

http://discuss.develop.com/archives/wa.exe?A2=ind0109a&L=dotnet&P=35883

There was also something on the Microsoft site about some "monkey" game
being written in VB.NET that used DirectX.

--
Patrick Steele

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 01:44:12 GMT
 C#, .NET and gaming
you have also a link on OpenGL & .NET here
http://csgl.sourceforge.net

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 01:53:19 GMT
 C#, .NET and gaming
you have also a link on OpenGL & .NET here
http://csgl.sourceforge.net

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 01:53:29 GMT
 C#, .NET and gaming
Don't you mean Donkey.NET?
Quote:

(from Daniel J.

>> Just wanted to get some opinions on how viable .NET,
and
>> more specifically C#, will be for game creation.  Does
>> anyone have any, or know where to find, examples of
>> DirectX use with .NET and C#?

>> Performance (CLR runtime) and ease and integration of
>> DirectX (OpenGL??) are primarily the opinions I'm
looking
>> for.

>Here's a few links I have re: DirectX and .NET:

>http://discuss.develop.com/archives/wa.exe?

A2=ind0012C&L=DOTNET&P=R16258
Quote:

>http://discuss.develop.com/archives/wa.exe?

A2=ind0108B&L=DOTNET&P=R16140
Quote:

>http://discuss.develop.com/archives/wa.exe?

A2=ind0109a&L=dotnet&P=35883

>There was also something on the Microsoft site about
some "monkey" game
>being written in VB.NET that used DirectX.

>--
>Patrick Steele
>.

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 05:56:10 GMT
 C#, .NET and gaming

Quote:
> Don't you mean Donkey.NET?

Oh yeah -- Donkey, not monkey...  Thanks.  :)

--
Patrick Steele

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:55:02 GMT
 C#, .NET and gaming
You can download the source from:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/donkey.asp

Cheers,

Richard Case

Quote:

> > Don't you mean Donkey.NET?

> Oh yeah -- Donkey, not monkey...  Thanks.  :)

> --
> Patrick Steele

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 20:34:48 GMT

1. COOL C# (.net) example GAME.

2. C# .NET vs C++ .NET

3. difference betwen VC .net and C#, VB.net

4. Changes in C# between VS.NET Beta and VS.NET Final versions

5. Visual C# .NET Standard vs. Visual Studio.NET

6. .NET Bug with C# and ADO.NET????

7. New C# Source Code Sample - Running JScript.NET Code from C# Apps

8. what is best - Visual C# .NET or Visual C++.NET

9. Differences between Visual C# .Net Standard and Visual Studio.Net Professional

10. IntelliSense in VS.NET (C# versus VB.NET)

11. Announcement: CIFS.Net - LGPL CIFS/SMB assembly in C# for .Net now available

12. C# for game development?