Generics (templates in C++)- in our future?
Author Message
 Generics (templates in C++)- in our future?

Does anybody know for sure whether or not generics will be supported in C#
for the next release of VS.NET?

Will it be in the ECMA standard for the C# language?

yours,

// A stab at the potential syntax
generic <Matt_Griscom> GenericClass
{

}

Fri, 24 Dec 2004 11:33:28 GMT
 Generics (templates in C++)- in our future?
It's usually Microsoft policy not to comment on unreleased products. I know
that we haven't made any announcements in this area.

I can say, however, that our intention is that future language innovation
will be fed into the ECMA process.

--
Visit the C# product team at http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/csharp

> Does anybody know for sure whether or not generics will be supported in C#
> for the next release of VS.NET?

> Will it be in the ECMA standard for the C# language?

> yours,

> // A stab at the potential syntax
> generic <Matt_Griscom> GenericClass
> {
> }

Sat, 25 Dec 2004 00:16:08 GMT

1. Generics (like C++ templates) in our future?

2. generics (templates) what are they???

3. Future of C++ and Windows Programming :: C++

4. FUTURE SOFTWARE FUTURES

5. C++ compiler bug: template and non template function overload resolution

6. templates: does C# support templates (metaprogramming) as C++?

7. Abou C++ future

8. future of c++ ?

9. The future of C++ and VC++ ...

10. C/C++ Future - A standard proposal for numbers

11. continue to use ISO C instead of C++, java or future hypes

12. C++ and the future of C