howDoI convert a time from GMT to PST
Author Message
 howDoI convert a time from GMT to PST

Can someone provide me with a code example (vb, C#, whatever) of how to use
Calender & Timezone and whatever to convert a time from GMT to PST, for
example?
Would be greatly appreciated.  Or a link to an example.
Thanks.

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 13:39:47 GMT
 howDoI convert a time from GMT to PST
Call the DateTime's ToUniversalTime method.

Quote:
> Can someone provide me with a code example (vb, c#, whatever) of how to
use
> Calender & Timezone and whatever to convert a time from GMT to PST, for
> example?
> Would be greatly appreciated.  Or a link to an example.
> Thanks.

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 14:32:34 GMT
 howDoI convert a time from GMT to PST
Thank you.  More specifically, how do I convert a time that is not the
current time from a
specified timezone to another specified timezone?

Quote:
> Call the DateTime's ToUniversalTime method.

> > Can someone provide me with a code example (vb, c#, whatever) of how to
> use
> > Calender & Timezone and whatever to convert a time from GMT to PST, for
> > example?
> > Would be greatly appreciated.  Or a link to an example.
> > Thanks.

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 14:45:07 GMT
 howDoI convert a time from GMT to PST
.NET (and windows at all) has no support for other then the 'current' time zone. [CurrentSystemTimeZone]
You may use 'TimeZone' as a base for your own zones, and calculate the offsets manually.
Quote:

> Thank you.  More specifically, how do I convert a time that is not the
> current time from a specified timezone to another specified timezone?

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 16:42:36 GMT
 howDoI convert a time from GMT to PST
Must keep in mind that not all timezones has daylight saving

Quote:
> .NET (and windows at all) has no support for other then the 'current' time

zone. [CurrentSystemTimeZone]
Quote:
> You may use 'TimeZone' as a base for your own zones, and calculate the
offsets manually.

Quote:
> > Thank you.  More specifically, how do I convert a time that is not the
> > current time from a specified timezone to another specified timezone?

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:55:22 GMT
 howDoI convert a time from GMT to PST
Maybe this might help.

http://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive214.html

Cayce

Quote:
> Can someone provide me with a code example (vb, c#, whatever) of how to
use
> Calender & Timezone and whatever to convert a time from GMT to PST, for
> example?
> Would be greatly appreciated.  Or a link to an example.
> Thanks.

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 02:39:44 GMT

1. How to convert local time to gmt using a local variable time zone per process/thread

2. Convert local time to gmt time without using TimeZone Env variable

3. How to convert GMT time to local time?

4. Q: How to convert GMT to local time?

5. Converting GMT to local time

6. Converting VARIANT DATE to GreenwichMean Time (GMT) or LocalTime

7. Windows CE .NET Online Chat - July 26th 12:00-13:00 PST (20:00 BST, 19:00 GMT)

8. Online Chat - Intrinsyc, Reference Designs Feb 26th 12:00 PST (20:00 GMT)

9. Online Chat - Shared Source - Thursday Feb 14th 12:00 PST (20:00 GMT)

10. Online Chat - Windows CE .NET - 8th January 12:00 PST (20:00 GMT)

11. Online Chat Windows CE - Shell and GWES - 7th November 2001 12:00 PST (20:00 GMT)

12. Online Chat - Windows CE Database Technologies - Wed 26th September 12:00 PST (20:00 GMT)