writing an MMC snap-in using C#
Author Message
 writing an MMC snap-in using C#

Hi,

I'm thinking of writing a small admin utility, and would like to make it an
MMC snapin instead of a standalone program to keep it all in one place. Is
there any guides on how to write this with C#, or if not, does anyone have
any experience writing one in C#?

Joakim S?derberg - IES Computer Maintainance
Lule? University of Technology, Sweden

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 21:43:06 GMT
 writing an MMC snap-in using C#
Joakim, C# won't natively support MMC but you can built an MMC plug in using
InterOP by exposing the necessary COM methods.

Check out http://www.gotdotnet.com/userarea/keywordsrch.aspx?keyword=mmc for
a sample.

--
Greg
http://www.claritycon.com/

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm thinking of writing a small admin utility, and would like to make it
an
> MMC snapin instead of a standalone program to keep it all in one place. Is
> there any guides on how to write this with C#, or if not, does anyone have
> any experience writing one in C#?

> Joakim S?derberg - IES Computer Maintainance
> Lule? University of Technology, Sweden

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:01:45 GMT
 writing an MMC snap-in using C#
Ah, thanks for the fast reply Greg, I checked the sample, seems a bit
complicated, but I'll manage I guess.

Quote:
> Joakim, C# won't natively support MMC but you can built an MMC plug in
using
> InterOP by exposing the necessary COM methods.

> Check out http://www.gotdotnet.com/userarea/keywordsrch.aspx?keyword=mmc
for
> a sample.

> --
> Greg
> http://www.claritycon.com/

> > Hi,

> > I'm thinking of writing a small admin utility, and would like to make it
> an
> > MMC snapin instead of a standalone program to keep it all in one place.
Is
> > there any guides on how to write this with C#, or if not, does anyone
have
> > any experience writing one in C#?

> > Joakim S?derberg - IES Computer Maintainance
> > Lule? University of Technology, Sweden

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:30:25 GMT
 writing an MMC snap-in using C#
Joakim, you're welcome.  Unfortunately MS doesn't look to be planning to
incorporate MMC in the .NET framework anytime soon.  Until then it's all
about COM interop.  Have fun!

--
Greg
http://www.claritycon.com/

Quote:
> Ah, thanks for the fast reply Greg, I checked the sample, seems a bit
> complicated, but I'll manage I guess.

> > Joakim, C# won't natively support MMC but you can built an MMC plug in
> using
> > InterOP by exposing the necessary COM methods.

> > Check out http://www.gotdotnet.com/userarea/keywordsrch.aspx?keyword=mmc
> for
> > a sample.

> > --
> > Greg
> > http://www.claritycon.com/

> > > Hi,

> > > I'm thinking of writing a small admin utility, and would like to make
it
> > an
> > > MMC snapin instead of a standalone program to keep it all in one
place.
> Is
> > > there any guides on how to write this with C#, or if not, does anyone
> have
> > > any experience writing one in C#?

> > > Joakim S?derberg - IES Computer Maintainance
> > > Lule? University of Technology, Sweden

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:42:25 GMT

1. How to make MMC Snap-in using C#??

2. Writing MMC snapins

3. Writing MMC Snap-Ins

4. MMC Snap-in with C#

5. MMC Snap-in in C#

6. MMC Snapin samples using ATL 3.0 under VC++ 6.0

7. MMC Snapin

8. ATL MMC Snapins

9. MMC Snapin

10. MMC-Snapin