Elapsed Time with Resolution < 10 milliseconds ???
Author Message
 Elapsed Time with Resolution < 10 milliseconds ???

Hi,

        I can calculate how long an even takes using DateTime, but it
appears to have a resolution of 10 milliseconds. Is there some other
way to calculate elapsed time that would have 1 millisecond
resolution ?

TIA,

-- David Ball

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 03:00:04 GMT
 Elapsed Time with Resolution < 10 milliseconds ???

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306979

not 1 ms,  but < 1 microsecond!

Quote:

> I can calculate how long an even takes using DateTime, but it
> appears to have a resolution of 10 milliseconds. Is there some other
> way to calculate elapsed time that would have 1 millisecond
> resolution ?

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 05:19:33 GMT
 Elapsed Time with Resolution < 10 milliseconds ???

Quote:

> Hi,

>    I can calculate how long an even takes using DateTime, but it
> appears to have a resolution of 10 milliseconds. Is there some other
> way to calculate elapsed time that would have 1 millisecond
> resolution ?

Why not time how long 10 of those events take, then take the average?

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 05:54:02 GMT
 Elapsed Time with Resolution < 10 milliseconds ???

Quote:

>> Hi,

>>        I can calculate how long an even takes using DateTime, but it
>> appears to have a resolution of 10 milliseconds. Is there some other
>> way to calculate elapsed time that would have 1 millisecond
>> resolution ?

>Why not time how long 10 of those events take, then take the average?

The process being timed includes sending a packet to a server and
getting a response. Network and server load can cause huge
deviations from the average time. Since those deviations are one of
the things it's meant to monitor, the user will need to be able to
see each individual time as well as the average.

The millisecond timings are only going to be needed when going over
a local lan or high-speed link. If they're watching response times
over a dialup, the 10 millisecond resolution will be fine.

-- David

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 07:34:33 GMT

1. Elapsed time in milliseconds in C, please help!

2. Getting time in millisecond resolution

3. Storing date/time value on SQL server with milliseconds resolution using vc++ and ado 2.0

4. <HELP> microsecond timing resolution using C.

5. CTime and Millisecond Resolution

6. i <= 10 vs i != 11

7. Minimum Wait Time (System Time Resolution)

8. Fine measurement of elapsed CPU time

9. how much time has elapsed

10. Elapsed Time

11. how do I get date from elapsed time

12. Measuring real time elapsed in a C program.