C# Server and Connectivity to web site
Author Message
 C# Server and Connectivity to web site

What/How is the best way to do this:

I have a software that load up about 100MB of data from a database
into an array and the search is done inside the array. The 100MB of
data is loaded only once when the software starts.

Unfortunate WEB Service is NOT persistence and I can't afford to load
100MB of data into the array and search every since time (load time
would take too long and expensive). I need a way for the 100 MB of
array data to be persistence.

I was think of writing a C# Server, users on an ASP web site would
post the data, somehow that data is passed to the C# server running
with 100MB of array data. Parameters are passed to the C# then the
server would return an XML result to the web site.

What is the best connectivity mean between the ASP web site and the C#
Server?

Sun, 21 Nov 2004 00:28:45 GMT
 C# Server and Connectivity to web site
Bic,

    The WebService runs within the context of an IIS application.  Because
of this, you can have the application when it starts fetch the data once and
then use it across all instances of your Web Services.

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

Quote:
> What/How is the best way to do this:

> I have a software that load up about 100MB of data from a database
> into an array and the search is done inside the array. The 100MB of
> data is loaded only once when the software starts.

> Unfortunate WEB Service is NOT persistence and I can't afford to load
> 100MB of data into the array and search every since time (load time
> would take too long and expensive). I need a way for the 100 MB of
> array data to be persistence.

> I was think of writing a C# Server, users on an ASP web site would
> post the data, somehow that data is passed to the C# server running
> with 100MB of array data. Parameters are passed to the C# then the
> server would return an XML result to the web site.

> What is the best connectivity mean between the ASP web site and the C#
> Server?

Sun, 21 Nov 2004 00:36:49 GMT
 C# Server and Connectivity to web site
Thank,

But what happens the users close his browser? The 100MB of data in the
array is loaded once only and must be persistence and must be global
accessible by all web users without having to reload the data. Hopes
this help.

Sun, 21 Nov 2004 02:57:54 GMT
 C# Server and Connectivity to web site
bic,

    The Application object resides on the server and is available for the
lifetime of the application on the server.  The only link that it has with
the webbrowser is that the Application is created when the first user
connects to the web service.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

Quote:

> Thank,

> But what happens the users close his browser? The 100MB of data in the
> array is loaded once only and must be persistence and must be global
> accessible by all web users without having to reload the data. Hopes
> this help.

Sun, 21 Nov 2004 02:59:28 GMT
 C# Server and Connectivity to web site
Thank You,

I know exactly what your are talking about once you mentioned
Application Object.

Bic

Sun, 21 Nov 2004 06:01:56 GMT

1. how to effeciently upload files from client site to web server

2. Change in C# book web site direction

3. C# and Authentication in Site server membership directory

4. Redirect web request to diffrent web site from an ISAPI filter

5. ATL Server Web Service problem with C# client

6. ATL Server Web Service problem with C# client

7. Please repost simple C# web server example

8. Automation server connectivity

9. SQL Server connectivity not possible

10. Access C/C++ Newsgroups via the web - Free Web based News server

11. ATL Server - Web Application/Web Service

12. Windows CE Web Server: Using Web Tools to Monitor and Manage Embedded Devices