DataSet Columns - Type Specific
Author Message
 DataSet Columns - Type Specific

i'm currently working with a dataset which will contain both string and int
values... however the dataset even if loaded with data of type int will
return it as a string.

is there any way i can have the dataset treat this data as the proper type?

there must be some way to do this...

TIA

- Eamon

Sat, 23 Oct 2004 15:51:23 GMT
 DataSet Columns - Type Specific
Nevermind all, as usual right after posting i find wha ti'm looking for.

if anyone else wants the info jus tlook up System.Data.DataColumn.DataType
in MSDN

Quote:
> i'm currently working with a dataset which will contain both string and
int
> values... however the dataset even if loaded with data of type int will
> return it as a string.

> is there any way i can have the dataset treat this data as the proper
type?

> there must be some way to do this...

> TIA

> - Eamon

Sat, 23 Oct 2004 16:00:19 GMT

1. Searching specific row in the dataGrid and dataSet

2. DataSet Issue : How do I add a Row to a DataTable with Identity Column

3. Dataset DateTime column value affected by time zone setting

4. datagrid shows all dataset table column (win forms)

5. passing a SQL datareader or dataset with 1000 rows and 10 columns

6. Adding a new virtual/temporary column to different tables via a DataSet

7. Hiding or removing DataSet Column

8. calculated field/column in dataset

9. reading in a specific column

10. CListCtrl: checkbox in specific column

11. sorting two-dimensional array whith search-criteria: specific column

12. dynamic typed dataset.