Using a VC++ 6.0 .lib file in a managed C# project
Author Message
 Using a VC++ 6.0 .lib file in a managed C# project

Hi!

Can someone tell me where I can find some information
about using a static library for VC++ 6.0 in C#.  It's a
commercial library (ILogSolver), so I don't have access
to its source code.

Thanks

    rc

Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:24:53 GMT
 Using a VC++ 6.0 .lib file in a managed C# project
You can't. This sounds like something you should consider Managed C++ for.

--
MichKa

the only book on internationalization in VB at
http://www.i18nWithVB.com/

Quote:
> Hi!

> Can someone tell me where I can find some information
> about using a static library for VC++ 6.0 in C#.  It's a
> commercial library (ILogSolver), so I don't have access
> to its source code.

> Thanks

>     rc

Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:26:25 GMT
 Using a VC++ 6.0 .lib file in a managed C# project

Quote:
> You can't. This sounds like something you should consider Managed C++ for.

Hi Michael,

Yes, I've tried to use it in a C++ project.    When I use it
in a unmanaged project, it works fine.  However, when I
try to use it in a Managed C++ project, the compiler
complains about unresolved external references.

Any pointer?

    rc

Quote:

> --
> MichKa

> the only book on internationalization in VB at
> http://www.i18nWithVB.com/

> > Hi!

> > Can someone tell me where I can find some information
> > about using a static library for VC++ 6.0 in C#.  It's a
> > commercial library (ILogSolver), so I don't have access
> > to its source code.

> > Thanks

> >     rc

Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:02:38 GMT
 Using a VC++ 6.0 .lib file in a managed C# project
are you sure you are using the appropriate references during compile?

- only guessing (a friend of mine had a similar problem not linking the d3d
libs when compiling his dx app. VS6.0)
/ Jonas Jonsson

Quote:

> > You can't. This sounds like something you should consider Managed C++
for.

> Hi Michael,

> Yes, I've tried to use it in a C++ project.    When I use it
> in a unmanaged project, it works fine.  However, when I
> try to use it in a Managed C++ project, the compiler
> complains about unresolved external references.

> Any pointer?

>     rc

> > --
> > MichKa

> > the only book on internationalization in VB at
> > http://www.i18nWithVB.com/

> > > Hi!

> > > Can someone tell me where I can find some information
> > > about using a static library for VC++ 6.0 in C#.  It's a
> > > commercial library (ILogSolver), so I don't have access
> > > to its source code.

> > > Thanks

> > >     rc

Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:06:00 GMT
 Using a VC++ 6.0 .lib file in a managed C# project
Hi everone!

I've finally fixed the problem.  I've written a simple
test using VC++ 6.0.  It consists of a simple class
with an empty constructor and a routine that writes
a message on the screen.

So far, everything works fine and I can use the static
library I get in a managed C++ proyect.  However,
things go wrong as soon as I add a static member to
the class.  When I add such a member (a counter for
instance) VC++ .NET complains about unresolved
symbols in the library. (I guess that the commercial
library I'm trying to use has a lot of static data.)

Any pointer or suggestion will be welcome!

Thanks,

        rc

Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:42:06 GMT

1. Using MSC 6.0 LIB files with Borland C/Turbo C

2. Missing nafxcwd.lib file in VC++ 6.0

3. C1001 Encountered When Compiling A Project Using A Class Template In VC++ 6.0

4. Empty MFC project using VC++ 6.0

5. link error porting project file from old version to VC 6.0

6. VC++ 6.0, exporting 5.0 project files?

7. Help - vc++ 6.0 mfc42u.lib

8. Problem converting VC++ 6.0 project to VC++.net

9. Problem porting ATL project from VC++ 6.0 to VC++.NET 2003

10. Adding a C# dll to a managed C++ project

11. Debugging VC 6.0 Project under VC 5.0

12. VC++4.0 project doesn't build with VC++ 6.0