Reading a fixed format field file
Author Message
 Reading a fixed format field file

I'm seeking opinions.  I need to have the ability to read from several
different file formats into XML.  I have Delimited Text, Excel, Access, etc
but I'm stuck on implimitation of fixed format files.  you know, the kind of
thing excel does on an import.  Field 1 is 12 characters, Field 2 is the
next 3 characters, Field N is x Characters.

I have been trying to figure out the interface.  I can have N fields each of
x characters long.  Anyone have ideas?  I'm using C# and haven't yet found
something similar to param Arrays from VB6.

Thanks
Dave

Sun, 02 May 2004 00:24:23 GMT

1. Outlook *.msg file format and read / write *.pst file

2. Ole object field file format information

3. Reading multiple (formatted) lines from a file

4. reading formatted data from File

5. read binary file written in fortran format

6. Reading dBase formatted database files from C

7. Reading floppies formatted in NEC PC98 format

8. Looking for code to read/write DXF-format files

9. Reading Big Endian format files

10. Reading formatted data from files?

11. Pading 0s in front fixed length-fields

12. HELP: Field masking (was Fixed Record block processing)