Error everytime I try to create a new project
Author Message
 Error everytime I try to create a new project

This is the error I receive everytime I try to open a new project.  I have
searched the Docs and TechNet for clues.

"VC Package not available or not registerd"

Any Ideas?

Tx,

Bob

Mon, 09 May 2005 20:56:01 GMT
 Error everytime I try to create a new project
Did you uninstall any previous versions, if you had them?  That's a
requirement.
If that's not the problem, go to Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs,
open MS Visual Studio.Net, which brings up a dialog box,Click on #2 and
choose "Reinstall".

Hope this helps
Chris R.

Quote:
> This is the error I receive everytime I try to open a new project.  I
have
> searched the Docs and TechNet for clues.

> "VC Package not available or not registerd"

> Any Ideas?

> Tx,

> Bob

Mon, 09 May 2005 23:24:38 GMT
 Error everytime I try to create a new project
You must install VC++.  You probably did not check that option
on install.  Do a re-install and add VC++

JIM

Quote:
> Did you uninstall any previous versions, if you had them?  That's a
> requirement.
> If that's not the problem, go to Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs,
> open MS Visual Studio.Net, which brings up a dialog box,Click on #2 and
> choose "Reinstall".

> Hope this helps
> Chris R.

> > This is the error I receive everytime I try to open a new project.  I
> have
> > searched the Docs and TechNet for clues.

> > "VC Package not available or not registerd"

> > Any Ideas?

> > Tx,

> > Bob

Mon, 09 May 2005 23:55:13 GMT
 Error everytime I try to create a new project
Robert, what type of project are you trying to open?  C++?  C#?

--
Greg Ewing [MVP]
http://www.claritycon.com/

Quote:
> This is the error I receive everytime I try to open a new project.  I have
> searched the Docs and TechNet for clues.

> "VC Package not available or not registerd"

> Any Ideas?

> Tx,

> Bob

Tue, 10 May 2005 00:37:19 GMT
 Error everytime I try to create a new project
trust me on this, C# projects will not create.

You must install VC++.  You probably did not check that option
on install.  Do a re-install and add VC++

JIM

Quote:
> Robert, what type of project are you trying to open?  C++?  C#?

> --
> Greg Ewing [MVP]
> http://www.claritycon.com/

> > This is the error I receive everytime I try to open a new project.  I
have
> > searched the Docs and TechNet for clues.

> > "VC Package not available or not registerd"

> > Any Ideas?

> > Tx,

> > Bob

Tue, 10 May 2005 04:29:43 GMT
 Error everytime I try to create a new project
JIM, you don't have to install VC++ to get a C# program to run.  If that
were true how could MS sell C# as a standalone dev tool (which they do)?

--
Greg Ewing [MVP]
http://www.claritycon.com/

Quote:
> trust me on this, C# projects will not create.

> You must install VC++.  You probably did not check that option
> on install.  Do a re-install and add VC++

> JIM

> > Robert, what type of project are you trying to open?  C++?  C#?

> > --
> > Greg Ewing [MVP]
> > http://www.claritycon.com/

> > > This is the error I receive everytime I try to open a new project.  I
> have
> > > searched the Docs and TechNet for clues.

> > > "VC Package not available or not registerd"

> > > Any Ideas?

> > > Tx,

> > > Bob

Tue, 10 May 2005 05:58:02 GMT
 Error everytime I try to create a new project
I didn't say to get a C# program to run.  I said to 'create a new C#
Project.'
I had the same problem just last week.  Check with Nic Paldino if you
don't believe me

JIM

Quote:
> JIM, you don't have to install VC++ to get a C# program to run.  If that
> were true how could MS sell C# as a standalone dev tool (which they do)?

> --
> Greg Ewing [MVP]
> http://www.claritycon.com/

> > trust me on this, C# projects will not create.

> > You must install VC++.  You probably did not check that option
> > on install.  Do a re-install and add VC++

> > JIM

> > > Robert, what type of project are you trying to open?  C++?  C#?

> > > --
> > > Greg Ewing [MVP]
> > > http://www.claritycon.com/

> > have

Tue, 10 May 2005 07:10:42 GMT
 Error everytime I try to create a new project
You are doing File New Project and not getting the New Project dialog box
but rather a box with the error?

If the above is true I would try reloading Studio.net and check that some
part did not get unchecked and not installed on the initial load. Seems like
something is missing.

Dan

Quote:
> This is the error I receive everytime I try to open a new project.  I have
> searched the Docs and TechNet for clues.

> "VC Package not available or not registerd"

> Any Ideas?

> Tx,

> Bob

Tue, 10 May 2005 12:48:19 GMT
 Error everytime I try to create a new project
james, sorry, I was unclear, you should not have to install VC++ in order to
open, create, build, run, debug, etc a C# program.  They are completely
separate.  In this case they are separate products which have no
dependencies on each other.

Robert, have you tried running setup again and choosing Repair?  That should
fix it.

--
Greg Ewing [MVP]
http://www.claritycon.com/

Quote:
> I didn't say to get a C# program to run.  I said to 'create a new C#
> Project.'
> I had the same problem just last week.  Check with Nic Paldino if you
> don't believe me

> JIM

> > JIM, you don't have to install VC++ to get a C# program to run.  If that
> > were true how could MS sell C# as a standalone dev tool (which they do)?

> > --
> > Greg Ewing [MVP]
> > http://www.claritycon.com/

> > > trust me on this, C# projects will not create.

> > > You must install VC++.  You probably did not check that option
> > > on install.  Do a re-install and add VC++

> > > JIM

> > > have

Tue, 10 May 2005 23:10:31 GMT
 Error everytime I try to create a new project
Greg,

No, incorrect.  Repair doesn't fix the problem.  You must choose Add/Remove
and 'check' the C++ box.  I tried the repair option and that didn't work,
then
I added C++ and it worked.  There must be some project DLL's that are
mixed in with the C++ portion of the install.  Maybe it is the particular
version.

What happens is; you do a NewProject, you get the project type panel, you
give a nme and pick a type, click ok and then you get the error panel and
no project is created.

The reason all you MVP's do not see any problem is because you install
everything completely.  If you want to test this, take a fresh computer,
and install VS.Net and only pick C#.  Maybe it is the Edu Student version
only, I don't know, but it is real.

JIM

Quote:
> james, sorry, I was unclear, you should not have to install VC++ in order
> open, create, build, run, debug, etc a C# program.  They are completely
> separate.  In this case they are separate products which have no
> dependencies on each other.

> Robert, have you tried running setup again and choosing Repair?  That
should
> fix it.

> --
> Greg Ewing [MVP]
> http://www.claritycon.com/

> > I didn't say to get a C# program to run.  I said to 'create a new C#
> > Project.'
> > I had the same problem just last week.  Check with Nic Paldino if you
> > don't believe me

> > JIM

> > > JIM, you don't have to install VC++ to get a C# program to run.  If
that
> > > were true how could MS sell C# as a standalone dev tool (which they
do)?

> > > --
> > > Greg Ewing [MVP]
> > > http://www.claritycon.com/

Tue, 10 May 2005 23:26:14 GMT
 Error everytime I try to create a new project
Interesting.  You would agree though that C# should install completely
separately from VC++?  If this were not the case MS couldn't sell them as
separate products which they do.

I don't think that's the reason I don't see this problem.  On a client
machine which I use I only have C# (and VB.Net) installed, no C++.  So it
can't be a universal problem.  Maybe it is just an issue with the Edu
version.  What version (Help->About) do you have of the .Net dev environ?

Have you investigated whether the project type matters?  Does this happen
for all project types?

Did you see and try what Will suggests in this post?

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=5XMt...

--
Greg Ewing [MVP]
http://www.claritycon.com/

Quote:
> Greg,

> No, incorrect.  Repair doesn't fix the problem.  You must choose
> Add/Remove
> and 'check' the C++ box.  I tried the repair option and that didn't work,
> then
> I added C++ and it worked.  There must be some project DLL's that are
> mixed in with the C++ portion of the install.  Maybe it is the particular
> version.

> What happens is; you do a NewProject, you get the project type panel, you
> give a nme and pick a type, click ok and then you get the error panel and
> no project is created.

> The reason all you MVP's do not see any problem is because you install
> everything completely.  If you want to test this, take a fresh computer,
> and install VS.Net and only pick C#.  Maybe it is the Edu Student version
> only, I don't know, but it is real.

> JIM

> > james, sorry, I was unclear, you should not have to install VC++ in
> > order
> > open, create, build, run, debug, etc a C# program.  They are completely
> > separate.  In this case they are separate products which have no
> > dependencies on each other.

> > Robert, have you tried running setup again and choosing Repair?  That
> should
> > fix it.

> > --
> > Greg Ewing [MVP]
> > http://www.claritycon.com/

> > > I didn't say to get a C# program to run.  I said to 'create a new C#
> > > Project.'
> > > I had the same problem just last week.  Check with Nic Paldino if you
> > > don't believe me

> > > JIM

> that
> do)?

> project.

Tue, 10 May 2005 23:52:08 GMT
 Error everytime I try to create a new project
Greg,

That may have worked for me (stopping the service) but of cource I
already have my problem fixed by just installin C++.  Here is my
Info

Student Version

VS Version 7.0.9492

Yes I agree that this should not happen, obviously.  But it did happen
to me and first I thought maybe it was just my own copy corrupted,
but then I saw this post from another user and that would tend to
make me wonder

JIM

Quote:
> Interesting.  You would agree though that C# should install completely
> separately from VC++?  If this were not the case MS couldn't sell them as
> separate products which they do.

> I don't think that's the reason I don't see this problem.  On a client
> machine which I use I only have C# (and VB.Net) installed, no C++.  So it
> can't be a universal problem.  Maybe it is just an issue with the Edu
> version.  What version (Help->About) do you have of the .Net dev environ?

> Have you investigated whether the project type matters?  Does this happen
> for all project types?

> Did you see and try what Will suggests in this post?

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=5XMt...
.2496%40cpmsftngxa07
Quote:

> --
> Greg Ewing [MVP]
> http://www.claritycon.com/

> > Greg,

> > No, incorrect.  Repair doesn't fix the problem.  You must choose
> > Add/Remove
> > and 'check' the C++ box.  I tried the repair option and that didn't
work,
> > then
> > I added C++ and it worked.  There must be some project DLL's that are
> > mixed in with the C++ portion of the install.  Maybe it is the
particular
> > version.

> > What happens is; you do a NewProject, you get the project type panel,
you
> > give a nme and pick a type, click ok and then you get the error panel
and
> > no project is created.

> > The reason all you MVP's do not see any problem is because you install
> > everything completely.  If you want to test this, take a fresh computer,
> > and install VS.Net and only pick C#.  Maybe it is the Edu Student
version
> > only, I don't know, but it is real.

> > JIM

> > > james, sorry, I was unclear, you should not have to install VC++ in
> > > order
> > > open, create, build, run, debug, etc a C# program.  They are
completely
> > > separate.  In this case they are separate products which have no
> > > dependencies on each other.

> > > Robert, have you tried running setup again and choosing Repair?  That
> > should
> > > fix it.

> > > --
> > > Greg Ewing [MVP]
> > > http://www.claritycon.com/

If
> > that
> > do)?

C#?

> > project.

Wed, 11 May 2005 00:01:20 GMT

1. Error everytime i try to access a database with ODBC

2. Crashes whenever I try to create a new project

3. Error creating new C++ Project in Visual Studio 7

4. error on creating new asp project

5. Create a new Project from a Existing Project?

6. VC6sp1: Converting old projects causes crash everytime.

7. Trying to create new CHtmlView from an event thread

8. Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging

9. Error in VC5.0 DATABASE project trying to use a DATABASE DIAGRAM

10. Errors trying to insert new ATL Object

11. Linking Problem when trying to create ReleaseUMinDependency[error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main]

12. unable to create new project: Visual Studio C++.net