Newbie: Calling Win32 APIs
Author Message
 Newbie: Calling Win32 APIs

Howdy howdy,

I've recently bought about 6 different C# books. Only one mentions how to
call Win32 API funcs or C Dlls, and it doesn't go into any depth. It
doesn't mention what to do about pointer types (other than char*), and it
certainly doesn't get into call back functions.

Is there a *real* resource I can use for this? It's 10 days till my MSDN
gets here, and I'm getting antsy.

Thanks a lot,
CC

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 04:27:15 GMT
 Newbie: Calling Win32 APIs
read 'PInvoke' samples at:
  http://www.gotdotnet.com/userarea/keywordsrch.aspx?keyword=sonjake

Quote:
> certainly doesn't get into call back functions.

  above, Callback.cs

Quote:
> about pointer types (other than char*)

  most generic (aka void *) is .NET :  IntPtr
Quote:

> I've recently bought about 6 different C# books. Only one mentions how to
> call Win32 API funcs or C Dlls, and it doesn't go into any depth. It
> doesn't mention what to do about pointer types (other than char*), and it
> certainly doesn't get into call back functions.
> Is there a *real* resource I can use for this? It's 10 days till my MSDN
> gets here, and I'm getting antsy.

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 06:09:42 GMT
 Newbie: Calling Win32 APIs
Thank you again, NETMaster! I slobber with anticipation at plunging into
this new pig iron.

- CC

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 08:16:59 GMT
 Newbie: Calling Win32 APIs
If you have trouble with a specific API, post it here, and somebody will
help you.

> Thank you again, NETMaster! I slobber with anticipation at plunging into
> this new pig iron.

> - CC

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 00:31:04 GMT

1. Win32 API C newbie question...

2. How to call Win32 API??

3. Win32 API Call

4. Calling Win32 API from C#

5. Calling win32 api

6. Can't call Win32 API when used by IIS

7. Win32 API Calls vs C++

8. How to call Win32 API from VC6.

9. Compiling an MFC application,containing win32 API calls

10. Bypassing MFC fucntions with win32 api call

11. Peek at all Win32 API calls in an exe

12. How to call Win32 APIs from MFC