overriding events (OnPaint, OnClick, etc.)
Author Message
 overriding events (OnPaint, OnClick, etc.)

Is there a way to override events using the VS IDE or do you have to know
the events you want to override and code them manually? For example, in VB,
the controls on a form are listed in a dropdown list and the events for the
selected control are listed in another dropdown list and if you want to code
for the click event on a button, you just select the button from the
controls list and then select the click event. Is there similar
functionality in .NET? I hope it's clear what I'm asking... thanks.

Sat, 08 Nov 2003 04:19:45 GMT
 overriding events (OnPaint, OnClick, etc.)
In Design view the list of possible events appears if you click the event
button on the properties window. This only works for C#

Quote:
> Is there a way to override events using the VS IDE or do you have to know
> the events you want to override and code them manually? For example, in
VB,
> the controls on a form are listed in a dropdown list and the events for
the
> selected control are listed in another dropdown list and if you want to
code
> for the click event on a button, you just select the button from the
> controls list and then select the click event. Is there similar
> functionality in .NET? I hope it's clear what I'm asking... thanks.

Sat, 08 Nov 2003 04:43:07 GMT
 overriding events (OnPaint, OnClick, etc.)
Well... they sure hid that pretty well! <g>

I'm curious though, in all the examples I've seen, the events are overridden
and named OnSomething (OnPaint, OnMouseDown, etc.) but in the event list in
the properties window, the event for paint is just Paint. How is the "Paint"
event different from overriding the "OnPaint" event??

Thanks for the help!

Quote:
> In Design view the list of possible events appears if you click the event
> button on the properties window. This only works for c#

> > Is there a way to override events using the VS IDE or do you have to
know
> > the events you want to override and code them manually? For example, in
> VB,
> > the controls on a form are listed in a dropdown list and the events for
> the
> > selected control are listed in another dropdown list and if you want to
> code
> > for the click event on a button, you just select the button from the
> > controls list and then select the click event. Is there similar
> > functionality in .NET? I hope it's clear what I'm asking... thanks.

Sat, 08 Nov 2003 23:07:21 GMT

1. Overriding OnClick event not firing

2. Override OnClick Event - Text Box

3. Overriding OnClick Message for CButton

4. c# custom control (overriding OnClick problem)

5. About override the OnPaint function.

6. About override the OnPaint function!

7. Override OnPaint in ATL/WTL

8. OnPaint override on CListViewCtrl?

9. CListView - Overriding OnPaint()

10. Overriding OnPaint of CListView

11. OnPaint() override

12. Can we override a control's OnPaint ?