WaitHandle.WaitAll and STA?
Author Message
 WaitHandle.WaitAll and STA?

Hi Daniel,

Quote:

> System.NotSupportedException: WaitAll for multiple handles on an STA
thread
> is not supported.

STA uses message loop for processing calls from client threads and thus
serializes all calls. If you use WaitAll, you may suspend your thread for
indefinite amount of time (and, therefore, the message loop too). That's
why, I suppose, the framework does not allow you
to use WaitAll().

--
Dmitriy Lapshin
X-Unity Unit Testing and Integration Environment

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 23:01:53 GMT

1. WaitHandle.WaitAll and STA?

2. WaitHandle.WaitAll()

3. WaitHandle.WaitAll not working

4. Exception occored when using WaitAll

5. WaitAny and WaitAll

6. I'm looking for an example of using WaitHandle.WaitAny()

7. WaitHandle.WaitOne functionality question.

8. WaitHandle class

9. WaitHandle.WaitAny

10. bool WaitHandle.WaitOne(int timeout)

11. WaitHandle Construction

12. System.Diagnostics.Process.Start