Java Applet to C# Applet !?
Author Message
 Java Applet to C# Applet !?

    I have an old Java Applet and would like to change it with C# code. But
I could not find any type which acts like JApplet.
    So where does Applet gone in C#? How can I make this old code as well as
desktop application to C# Applet? Any tutorial or precedures guideline?

Homepage: http://www.*-*-*.com/
Community: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 04:22:07 GMT
 Java Applet to C# Applet !?
    To embed a control in a page in C# (this only works in IE btw) you will
have to create a control that extends from Control (more likely
UserControl).  For an example of how to set it up in IE when you have your
control, check out the following article (watch for line wrap):

http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/windowsforms/iesourcing.aspx

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

Quote:
>     I have an old Java Applet and would like to change it with C# code.
But
> I could not find any type which acts like JApplet.
>     So where does Applet gone in C#? How can I make this old code as well
as
> desktop application to C# Applet? Any tutorial or precedures guideline?

> --

> Homepage: http://www.earth.dynamic-site.net
> Community: http://communities.msn.com.hk/solarcommunity

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 04:23:04 GMT
 Java Applet to C# Applet !?
Yeah, thank you very much and now I am going to try it.

Homepage: http://www.earth.dynamic-site.net
Community: http://communities.msn.com.hk/solarcommunity

Quote:
>     To embed a control in a page in C# (this only works in IE btw) you
will
> have to create a control that extends from Control (more likely
> UserControl).  For an example of how to set it up in IE when you have your
> control, check out the following article (watch for line wrap):

> http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/windowsforms/iesourcing.aspx

>     Hope this helps.

> --
>                - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

> >     I have an old Java Applet and would like to change it with C# code.
> But
> > I could not find any type which acts like JApplet.
> >     So where does Applet gone in C#? How can I make this old code as
well
> as
> > desktop application to C# Applet? Any tutorial or precedures guideline?

> > --

> > Homepage: http://www.earth.dynamic-site.net
> > Community: http://communities.msn.com.hk/solarcommunity

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 04:36:04 GMT
 Java Applet to C# Applet !?
See also this article from June MSDN Journal:
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/06/rich/rich.asp
 - Mitch

Quote:
>     To embed a control in a page in C# (this only works in IE btw) you will
> have to create a control that extends from Control (more likely
> UserControl).  For an example of how to set it up in IE when you have your
> control, check out the following article (watch for line wrap):

> http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/windowsforms/iesourcing.aspx

>     Hope this helps.

> --
>                - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

> >     I have an old Java Applet and would like to change it with C# code.
> But
> > I could not find any type which acts like JApplet.
> >     So where does Applet gone in C#? How can I make this old code as well
> as
> > desktop application to C# Applet? Any tutorial or precedures guideline?

> > --

> > Homepage: http://www.earth.dynamic-site.net
> > Community: http://communities.msn.com.hk/solarcommunity

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 04:44:03 GMT
 Java Applet to C# Applet !?
When deploying such objects, why do they need to be deployed from an
IIS server? They don't (explicitly) use asp.net, so if the client is using IE,
how does IIS web server get involved? is there some protocol involved in
delivering the dll assembly and the tag:
  classid="http:SimpleControl.dll#Microsoft.Samples.WinForms.Cs.SimpleControl.SimpleControl"

Thanks,
 - Mitch

Quote:
>     To embed a control in a page in C# (this only works in IE btw) you will
> have to create a control that extends from Control (more likely
> UserControl).  For an example of how to set it up in IE when you have your
> control, check out the following article (watch for line wrap):

> http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/windowsforms/iesourcing.aspx

>     Hope this helps.

> --
>                - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

> >     I have an old Java Applet and would like to change it with C# code.
> But
> > I could not find any type which acts like JApplet.
> >     So where does Applet gone in C#? How can I make this old code as well
> as
> > desktop application to C# Applet? Any tutorial or precedures guideline?

> > --

> > Homepage: http://www.earth.dynamic-site.net
> > Community: http://communities.msn.com.hk/solarcommunity

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 04:54:49 GMT
 Java Applet to C# Applet !?
OK, asked and answered recently:

 Subject: Can UserControl assemblies only be served by IIS ?
 Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.general
 Date: 2002-05-23 09:24:00 PS

To summarize, the web server needs to map the .dll file type
to  MIME mapping:   .dll  -->application/x-msdownload
This is true by default for IIS, but typically not so for other
servers (which might use application/octet-stream  or text-plain etc...).

Therefore, anyone wishing to serve rich-client IE-based .net apps from
non-IIS servers needs to config. the mime mapping   .dll  -->application/x-msdownload

 - Mitch Gallant

Quote:

> When deploying such objects, why do they need to be deployed from an
> IIS server? They don't (explicitly) use asp.net, so if the client is using IE,
> how does IIS web server get involved? is there some protocol involved in
> delivering the dll assembly and the tag:
>   classid="http:SimpleControl.dll#Microsoft.Samples.WinForms.Cs.SimpleControl.SimpleControl"

> Thanks,
>  - Mitch

> >     To embed a control in a page in C# (this only works in IE btw) you will
> > have to create a control that extends from Control (more likely
> > UserControl).  For an example of how to set it up in IE when you have your
> > control, check out the following article (watch for line wrap):

> > http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/windowsforms/iesourcing.aspx

> >     Hope this helps.

> > --
> >                - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

> > >     I have an old Java Applet and would like to change it with C# code.
> > But
> > > I could not find any type which acts like JApplet.
> > >     So where does Applet gone in C#? How can I make this old code as well
> > as
> > > desktop application to C# Applet? Any tutorial or precedures guideline?

> > > --

> > > Homepage: http://www.earth.dynamic-site.net
> > > Community: http://communities.msn.com.hk/solarcommunity

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 06:31:20 GMT
 Java Applet to C# Applet !?
Thank you very much !!

Homepage: http://www.earth.dynamic-site.net
Community: http://communities.msn.com.hk/solarcommunity

Quote:
> See also this article from June MSDN Journal:
>   http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/06/rich/rich.asp
>  - Mitch

> >     To embed a control in a page in C# (this only works in IE btw) you
will
> > have to create a control that extends from Control (more likely
> > UserControl).  For an example of how to set it up in IE when you have
your
> > control, check out the following article (watch for line wrap):

> > http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/windowsforms/iesourcing.aspx

> >     Hope this helps.

> > --
> >                - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

> > >     I have an old Java Applet and would like to change it with C#
code.
> > But
> > > I could not find any type which acts like JApplet.
> > >     So where does Applet gone in C#? How can I make this old code as
well
> > as
> > > desktop application to C# Applet? Any tutorial or precedures
guideline?

> > > --

> > > Homepage: http://www.earth.dynamic-site.net
> > > Community: http://communities.msn.com.hk/solarcommunity

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 07:19:24 GMT
 Java Applet to C# Applet !?
There is no replacement for Java Applets in a sense because of the security restrictions.
As of .net framework Service Pack 1, absolutely no code will run off of the internet
without modifying security settings. This is something that most users won't even know how
to do.
Stick with Java for doing applets.

--
Robert Jeppesen
MindCom AB

Quote:

>     I have an old Java Applet and would like to change it with C# code. But
> I could not find any type which acts like JApplet.
>     So where does Applet gone in C#? How can I make this old code as well as
> desktop application to C# Applet? Any tutorial or precedures guideline?

> --

> Homepage: http://www.earth.dynamic-site.net
> Community: http://communities.msn.com.hk/solarcommunity

Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:31:18 GMT

1. Converting java Applet to C#

2. Are there similar stuff as Java Applet in CSharp

3. Applet in C++/C or Java

4. Java applet type of program in .NET?

5. Socket connection in java applet

6. c talk to java applet

7. java applet as resource?

8. Graphical Data Analysis over the Internet or Intranet (Java Applet)

9. java applet as resource?

10. vc++ and java applets

11. Java applet resource...

12. HELP: Java Applets don't work!!!!