WeakReference doesn't work when step through the sample code inside a debugger
Author Message
 WeakReference doesn't work when step through the sample code inside a debugger

Quote:
> The WeakReference doesn't work correctly when I step
> through the Framework SDK C# sample "GarbageCollection"
> inside a de{*filter*}.  The weak reference behaves like a
> strong reference in this case with or without resurrection
> tracking.  But if I run the executable by itself, the
> WeakReference works as expected (even inside a de{*filter*}).
> The fact that GC has a special thread executing Finalize
> methods is not an issue because GC.WaitForPendingFinalizers
> () are called throughout the sample.  Does any one know
> why the weak reference doesn't work when I step through
> the sample code as instructed?

Do you maybe have a watch on the weak reference, creating a strong reference
(from the de{*filter*}, not from your program)?

Ken

Thu, 19 Aug 2004 04:45:11 GMT

1. TERMWAIT Win 3.1 sample doesn't work under '95

2. atlduck sample doesn't work.

3. com sample doesn't work on win95?

4. Enroll sample doesn't work

5. the Internet sample TEAR.exe doesn't work with me

6. sample print programs in Charles Petzold doesn't work on Windows2000

7. Load an image file -- HowTo -- Sample doesn't work

8. AtlReportError not working in ATL 7.0 (Injected code doesn't handle ErrorInfo properly)

9. Why this code doesn't work?

10. Why doesn't this C code work?

11. Why doesn't this code work correctly?

12. ADO - Why doesn't this code work?