Unable to create any webservice!! HELP
Author Message
 Unable to create any webservice!! HELP

I was following the HOW TO: Write a Simple Web Service by Using Visual
C#.NET today, and I was creating a new project (C#), Selected ASP.NET
Web Service Under Templates, Typed the name of my Service as
MathService.

When I clicked OK, I get the folowing error:

The default web access mode for this project is set to file share, but
the project folder at "http://localhost/Dolphin/MathService" cannot be
opened with the path "e:\inetpub\wwwroot\Dolphin\MathService".  The
error returned was:

Unable to create Web Project 'Doplhin\MathService'.  The file path
'e:\inetpub\wwwroot\Dolphin\MathService' does not correspond with the
the same server location.  Error 404:Not Found.

Ok, I am at a loss.  What in the world am I doing wrong?   My ASP pages,
ASP.NET pages work fine, so what did I miss?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Troy Lohnes, B.Sc. Pharmacy
Pharmacy Manager - Pharmx Rexall

Sat, 28 May 2005 14:26:24 GMT
 Unable to create any webservice!! HELP
Hello Troy,

There are many reasons may cause this issue:

1.      The Server Extension has not been installed correctly

In most scenarios, it is caused a wrong configuration of Server Extension.
Please check the following article and see if your environment is proper to
create a Web Service project:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;312073

2.      Create a Web Project on a .NET Server

The problem is that Internet Information Server 6.0 blocks all extensions
that are not explicitly mapped (for security purposes). Unfortunately,
VS.Net tests whether the URL and UNC path match by writing a file with the
".tmp" extension to the server and then requesting it back via an http
call. Since Internet Information Server 6.0 blocks .tmp file the call fails
with a 404 error.

3.      There are special character in the path of the project

See the following article;

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;316906&

I hope the information above is helpful for you.

Best regards,

Lion Shi [MSFT]
MCSE, MCSD
Microsoft Support Engineer

You assume all risk for your use.  2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
--------------------

    Subject: Unable to create any webservice!!  HELP

    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
    Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 22:26:24 -0800

[...]

Sun, 29 May 2005 18:35:50 GMT
 Unable to create any webservice!! HELP
After many different attempts, i just solved a similar problem by
checking that integrated windows authentication was turned on for the
default web site. if you're creating the project inside an existing
virtual directory (dolphin) make sure it has integrated windows
authentication turned on too.
hope this helps.

Quote:
> I was following the HOW TO: Write a Simple Web Service by Using Visual
> C#.NET today, and I was creating a new project (C#), Selected ASP.NET
> Web Service Under Templates, Typed the name of my Service as
> MathService.

> When I clicked OK, I get the folowing error:

> The default web access mode for this project is set to file share, but
> the project folder at "http://localhost/Dolphin/MathService" cannot be
> opened with the path "e:\inetpub\wwwroot\Dolphin\MathService".  The
> error returned was:

> Unable to create Web Project 'Doplhin\MathService'.  The file path
> 'e:\inetpub\wwwroot\Dolphin\MathService' does not correspond with the
> the same server location.  Error 404:Not Found.

> Ok, I am at a loss.  What in the world am I doing wrong?   My ASP pages,
> ASP.NET pages work fine, so what did I miss?

> Any help is greatly appreciated!

> Troy Lohnes, B.Sc. Pharmacy
> Pharmacy Manager - Pharmx Rexall

Tue, 31 May 2005 10:13:10 GMT

1. Help! Unable to create file buffer error

2. Help! Unable to create file buffer error

3. HELP : unable to create web ref

4. can't create local file from webservice ?

5. my webservice can't create local files

6. Unable to inherit from ComImport classes created in MC++

7. unable to create new project: Visual Studio C++.net

8. Unable to create Winform control using managed C++

9. Unable to dynamically create an array

10. Unable to create file in [user profile]ApplicationDataFolder

11. "Unable to Create File Buffer" error

12. Unable to create file buffer