Web Services: Proxy class make own class definition for user class
Author Message
 Web Services: Proxy class make own class definition for user class

Web service method returns MyClass. MyClass is compile in *.dll and place in
web service and client applications. But Proxy class for this web service
generate its own definition for MyClass and returns it. How can I to force
Proxy class use my definition instead of its own?

Shestakov

Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:28:48 GMT
 Web Services: Proxy class make own class definition for user class
Tomas,

    Is your class derived from MarshalByRefObject?  If it is, then a proxy
is going to be generated that will marshal all calls back to the object that
resides on the server.  What you want to do is make sure that your class
does not marshal by reference, and supports serialization (so an instance
can be created on the client).

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

Quote:
> Web service method returns MyClass. MyClass is compile in *.dll and place
in
> web service and client applications. But Proxy class for this web service
> generate its own definition for MyClass and returns it. How can I to force
> Proxy class use my definition instead of its own?

> Shestakov

Fri, 15 Oct 2004 20:46:08 GMT

1. Performance of stuct and class definitions nested in a class definition

2. Namespace Conflict - c# Class Library used by Web Service and ASP.NET Web App

3. Class in class OR class derived from class?

4. need definition 4 terms: custom class vs class library

5. template functions in template classes declared outside the class definition

6. Using a class as a template argument inside the definition of the class

7. Using the class in the std::map inside the definition of class itself

8. Class Wizard and my own base classes

9. binding own window class and C++ class with MFC

10. Deriving from my own class with Class Wizard?

11. Web reference is a generated proxy class...

12. need help making class object visible to rest of class functions