vb6 with C# activex exe
Author Message
 vb6 with C# activex exe

Hi,

I need to create something similar to an activex exe which will run with
a vb6 object. If both projects were C#, I could use remoting, but since
1 of them is vb6, I can't...

How can I do that? Samples will be appreciated.

Thanks
Erez

Sun, 21 Nov 2004 21:57:55 GMT
 vb6 with C# activex exe
Erez,

    Your best bet would be to create a serviced component that runs in COM+
as an out of process server.  You should look at the documentation for the
ServicedComponent class and the System.EnterpriseServices namespace for
starters.

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

Quote:
> Hi,

> I need to create something similar to an activex exe which will run with
> a vb6 object. If both projects were C#, I could use remoting, but since
> 1 of them is vb6, I can't...

> How can I do that? Samples will be appreciated.

> Thanks
> Erez

Sun, 21 Nov 2004 22:10:27 GMT
 vb6 with C# activex exe
Thanks but I need some more details. Is there any example of how to do
that? Also, I guess that I need to define the C# application as a
'Windows Application'. How can I reference it from vb6?

Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:33:50 GMT

1. My new ActiveX control : CDCs and Different behaviour in VC6, VB6 Design, VB6 Compiled

2. Debug VC6 exe launched from VB6 exe

3. ActiveX EXE in C#

4. How do I create the equivalent to an ActiveX.exe out of process component in C#

5. VB6.exe call VB7.dll

6. vb6.exe call vs7.dll

7. Using VB6 ActiveX DLLs from a multithreaded ATL client

8. ActiveX control for use in VB6

9. ActiveX control for use in VB6

10. Question about Multithreaded ActiveX Contol and VB6

11. Using VC6++ Activex Control in VB6

12. Using VC6++ Activex Control in VB6