Please help:Problem with interoperability-Urgent
Author Message
 Please help:Problem with interoperability-Urgent

Dear All,
I have cerated a sample application as follows:
1. add a reference to my COM
2. in Initialize components function had written :
MyCom._SystemParameters objsystem;

objsystem=new MyCom.SystemParametersClass();

then a message box

3. I had compiled and copied the exe and InteropMyCom.dll to the server
having: framework and SP installed

When I run the exe I receive the following error:

Application had generated an exception that could not be handled

Process id=0x944(2372),Thread id=...

click OK to terminate

cancel to debug

I appreciate if you can help

Thanks

Amal

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 18:31:02 GMT
 Please help:Problem with interoperability-Urgent
Amal,

    Is the COM object that you are referencing in your application installed
on the server as well?  If you add a reference to a COM object, you HAVE to
have the COM object on the machine that you installed your app on (in
addition to the interop dll and other assemblies).

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

Quote:
> Dear All,
> I have cerated a sample application as follows:
> 1. add a reference to my COM
> 2. in Initialize components function had written :
> MyCom._SystemParameters objsystem;

> objsystem=new MyCom.SystemParametersClass();

> then a message box

> 3. I had compiled and copied the exe and InteropMyCom.dll to the server
> having: framework and SP installed

> When I run the exe I receive the following error:

> Application had generated an exception that could not be handled

> Process id=0x944(2372),Thread id=...

> click OK to terminate

> cancel to debug

> I appreciate if you can help

> Thanks

> Amal

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 20:26:43 GMT
 Please help:Problem with interoperability-Urgent
The COM was registered on the server but with different Class ID, I tool the
version on my machine,registered on the server.. every thing is working
now..
Thanks Nicholas

Quote:
> Dear All,
> I have cerated a sample application as follows:
> 1. add a reference to my COM
> 2. in Initialize components function had written :
> MyCom._SystemParameters objsystem;

> objsystem=new MyCom.SystemParametersClass();

> then a message box

> 3. I had compiled and copied the exe and InteropMyCom.dll to the server
> having: framework and SP installed

> When I run the exe I receive the following error:

> Application had generated an exception that could not be handled

> Process id=0x944(2372),Thread id=...

> click OK to terminate

> cancel to debug

> I appreciate if you can help

> Thanks

> Amal

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 21:07:10 GMT

1. URGENT URGENT PLEASE HELP ME ActiveX multiples classes

2. Please help me solve this problem....urgent

3. Hi. I have an urgent problem, please help....

4. Please Help - Urgent - HTML Control problem.

5. Urgent please help LPSTR Array function passing problem

6. PROBLEM WITH VC++ AND ACCESS -- URGENT, PLEASE HELP

7. URGENT: Serious Problem With CImageList...Please Help!

8. URGENT: Serious Problem With CImageList...Please Help!

9. URGENT: SendMessage problem, please help.

10. Very Urgent !!! please please help

11. Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!