web applets in c# possible?
Author Message
 web applets in c# possible?

I wrote an applet in java ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ) and I'd
like to convert it to C# with all the same functionality. You enter the
password, and it shows you 'then and now" pictures of classmates by
selecting the name in the list. I'd really like to know if i can convert
this to c# and have it work the same way in the webpage.

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 17:42:18 GMT
 web applets in c# possible?
slrando,

    You can convert the code to .NET, but you should consider the following
issues:

1)  The applet will ONLY run in IE 5.5 and above.
2)  The client MUST have the .NET framework installed on their system.  Not
many people have this yet and to be honest, will not install it unless some
other app does or until they apply a service pack that has it.

    However, if this is for a pet project or something that is in a more
managed environment, then by all means, do it =)

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

Quote:
> I wrote an applet in java (http://www.aliefhastings.com/tan/tan.htm) and
I'd
> like to convert it to c# with all the same functionality. You enter the
> password, and it shows you 'then and now" pictures of classmates by
> selecting the name in the list. I'd really like to know if i can convert
> this to c# and have it work the same way in the webpage.

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 20:45:00 GMT

1. C# Applet (possible?)

2. Java Applet to C# Applet !?

3. Is .doc to .tif possible in web environment

4. Add C# Web User Controls to a VB.Net Web App

5. Visual C++ Web Service & ASP Web Controls

6. Output types for web methods in c# web service

7. System.Web and web related questions

8. Deploying web applications with a web service

9. Namespace Conflict - c# Class Library used by Web Service and ASP.NET Web App

10. Access C/C++ Newsgroups via the web - Free Web based News server

11. ATL Server - Web Application/Web Service

12. Redirect web request to diffrent web site from an ISAPI filter