Icon to Bitmap, which icon size being copied?
Author Message
 Icon to Bitmap, which icon size being copied?

Hello,

I am trying to copy an icon into a bitmap. Now an icon file may contain
different icons based on size. For example, an icon file may contain 16x16
as well as 32x32 icons. How do you choose which icon to copy?

fadi

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 03:59:38 GMT
 Icon to Bitmap, which icon size being copied?
Interesting question. I would guess the first format found in the file. If
there's no way to choose which one, then that is a design flaw. I suggest
reporting it with the bug reporting tool (beta.visualstudio.net).

Nate

Quote:
> Hello,

> I am trying to copy an icon into a bitmap. Now an icon file may contain
> different icons based on size. For example, an icon file may contain 16x16
> as well as 32x32 icons. How do you choose which icon to copy?

> fadi

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 06:24:41 GMT
 Icon to Bitmap, which icon size being copied?
I figured it might be, but since I hardly work with Graphics, I figured
there might have been a way that I didn't know about. I will report it right
now.

fadi

Quote:
> Interesting question. I would guess the first format found in the file. If
> there's no way to choose which one, then that is a design flaw. I suggest
> reporting it with the bug reporting tool (beta.visualstudio.net).

> Nate

> > Hello,

> > I am trying to copy an icon into a bitmap. Now an icon file may contain
> > different icons based on size. For example, an icon file may contain
16x16
> > as well as 32x32 icons. How do you choose which icon to copy?

> > fadi

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 22:56:41 GMT

1. Shortcut icon/bitmap on application icon: How ?

2. Shortcut icon/bitmap on application icon: How?

3. While Loading an Icon From an Icon File Can We Explicitly Specify Which Icon (32 Bit or 16 bit or Size 16X16 or 32X32) To Load

4. Q: Copy icon to clipboard

6. Tray Icon without Taskbar Icon

7. Big icon, small icon, How to

8. CButton icon question - Removing icon

9. How to copy icon to clipboard?

10. .exe Icon is not the same as the application icon

11. Adding single Icons to Imagelist (+ How to create a mask for icon)

12. Hide taskbar icon on application startup (show only task tray icon)