Time zone
Author Message
 Time zone

Hi all,

I can't find what I want in the class library. My app is running at New
York, for example, and I have the knowledge of the  geographical region of a
user in Seattle, how can I determine what this user's
correct/current(include daylight saving) local time is?

TIA

-tc

Sun, 07 Nov 2004 18:59:57 GMT
 Time zone
TC,

    The static Now property on the DateTime structure will give you the
current local time.  If you want to convert it to UTC time, then you will
have to call the static UtcNow property, or on an existing DateTime
structure, call the ToUniversalTime method.

    Also, if you want information on the time zone that the computer is set
to, you can use the TimeZone class.

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I can't find what I want in the class library. My app is running at New
> York, for example, and I have the knowledge of the  geographical region of
> user in Seattle, how can I determine what this user's
> correct/current(include daylight saving) local time is?

> TIA

> -tc

Sun, 07 Nov 2004 21:26:56 GMT

1. How to convert local time with specific time zone to UTC time in Win32 API

2. How to convert local time to gmt using a local variable time zone per process/thread

3. set date/time/time zone dialog

4. Real time From Time Zone information

5. Obtain Time Zone

6. Getting time zone information?

7. Time Zones

8. How to maintain TimeStamp consistency across Time Zones?

9. Dataset DateTime column value affected by time zone setting

10. Need time zone conversion routine/program/function that is callable, pcumming

11. localtime() / time zone question

12. About time zone in c