"out" method parameter
Author Message
 "out" method parameter

I'm writing a distribuited app and I'm trying to figure out how to minimize
data marshaling. My question is: there is no "in" method parameter (as
opposed to "out")? What I really miss is a const attribute like C++ one.
I've tried [OneWay] but it gets rid of the return value too.

Thanks in advance.

Sat, 28 May 2005 17:52:19 GMT
 "out" method parameter
True, there is no "in" modifier.  All parameters, unless modified with "out"
or "ref", are "in" parameters.

It is up to your code not to make superfluous changes to the parameter.
Check archived discussions at www.google.com where information about "const"
has been asked and answered many times.

Quote:
> I'm writing a distribuited app and I'm trying to figure out how to
minimize
> data marshaling. My question is: there is no "in" method parameter (as
> opposed to "out")? What I really miss is a const attribute like C++ one.
> I've tried [OneWay] but it gets rid of the return value too.

> Thanks in advance.

Sat, 28 May 2005 18:56:05 GMT

1. "out object" parameter

2. "virtual parameters"

3. "D" parameter passing mechanisms

4. "parameter not optional"

5. "const" Parameter compatibility

6. "Global" methods in MC++

7. "monitoring" C# methods invocation

8. calling "super" method

9. Derived class "hiding" virtual Base method

10. "add method" on an atl-object

11. ado / oledb: "method not supported" error

12. need dialog "do stuff" method