how do we find the location of a help file in the MSDN library help content?
Author Message
 how do we find the location of a help file in the MSDN library help content?

In MSDN library help files, there was locate button, which locates the
current help file you are watching in the tree of msdn library, do we still
have that function in .net studio help?
Thank you very much

Thu, 30 Dec 2004 20:33:08 GMT
 how do we find the location of a help file in the MSDN library help content?

Quote:
> In MSDN library help files, there was locate button, which locates the
> current help file you are watching in the tree of msdn library, do we
still
> have that function in .net studio help?
> Thank you very much

There is an address bar, similar to IE's, that shows you the full
filepath to the file.

For example, I'm looking at
System.ComponentModel.DefaultPropertyAttribute and the URL is:

ms-help://MS.NETFrameworkSDK/cpref/html/frlrfsystemcomponentmodeldefaultprop
ertyattributeclasstopic.htm
(watch for URL wrapping)

Now, if you need to find the actual file located on the hard drive,
then I'm not sure where these get installed, and a search doesn't
reveal them.

-c

Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:47:47 GMT

1. Finding contents of TOC inside a library file

2. Creating windows help files : Help Workshop finds errors in RTF file outside my control (Word97)

3. msdn docs drive me nuts, help find CDaoTableDef connect string format description

4. msdn docs drive me nuts, help find CDaoTableDef connect string format description

5. How to use help without MSDN library

6. MSDN help gone after MSDN update

7. help file locations

8. Help Get file from http location

9. disabling help file generation/changing directory location

10. disabling help file generation/changing directory location

11. ADO Macros wrong in MSDN Help file

12. MSDN Screwed Up Help Files