calling a NET Windows Service
Author Message
 calling a NET Windows Service

Hello to everyone, I made a WINDOWS service in C# with some methods
and properties.
My problem is that I cannot understand how I can interact with my
service:
i do not need to call the usual commands (start, stop, continue), but
I need to call the windows service methods I created.

Thanks for your help
Simone,
Varese, Italy

Sat, 23 Oct 2004 17:29:27 GMT
 calling a NET Windows Service
Remoting?

COM?

Otherwise - your service is a program. You can NOT directly call functions
exposed - how would you call into a running exe?

You have to rely on functionality provided by COM or remoting for this.

--
Regards

Thomas Tomiczek
THONA Consulting Ltd.
(Microsft MVP C#/.NET)

Quote:
> Hello to everyone, I made a WINDOWS service in C# with some methods
> and properties.
> My problem is that I cannot understand how I can interact with my
> service:
> i do not need to call the usual commands (start, stop, continue), but
> I need to call the windows service methods I created.

> Thanks for your help
> Simone,
> Varese, Italy

Sat, 23 Oct 2004 17:44:01 GMT
 calling a NET Windows Service
Yes, you are right, I was really missing some points there.
I have just made it using remoting.

HEY, .NET REMOTING ROCKS!!

Simone

Quote:
> Remoting?

> COM?

> Otherwise - your service is a program. You can NOT directly call functions
> exposed - how would you call into a running exe?

> You have to rely on functionality provided by COM or remoting for this.

> --
> Regards

> Thomas Tomiczek
> THONA Consulting Ltd.
> (Microsft MVP C#/.NET)

> > Hello to everyone, I made a WINDOWS service in C# with some methods
> > and properties.
> > My problem is that I cannot understand how I can interact with my
> > service:
> > i do not need to call the usual commands (start, stop, continue), but
> > I need to call the windows service methods I created.

> > Thanks for your help
> > Simone,
> > Varese, Italy

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 15:43:26 GMT

1. Calling ATL Web Service from ASP.NET

2. Calling a Web Services with CE.Net and eVC++ 4.0

3. Windows Media Services and .NET - Problem

4. Windows Service & C++.Net

5. Using ADO.NET & Windows Service

6. HOW TO REGISTER A .net WINDOWS SERVICE?

7. How to call VB.net and ASP.net programs in MFC?(or,asp call vc)

8. Basic windows service from wizard - installs but ain't there for a net start

9. nt service(windows service)

10. nt service (windows service)

11. Windows Service Deployment and Service registration

12. Can not access web service from C# Windows Service