Form1.cs on new applications
Author Message
 Form1.cs on new applications

When i create a new windows application, the first form is
called Form1.  Is there a way to allow me to name that
form before the form is created?  I know i can change the
form name after the new application is created, but thats
fairly anoying.  Is there away around this?
Thanks,
John

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 00:12:06 GMT
 Form1.cs on new applications
john, I don't know that I'd recommend doing this but it seems like you could
edit the default.js file found in

..\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\VC#\VC#Wizards\CSharpEXEWiz\Scripts\1033

Just change the reference to Form1.cs to whatever you want the default to
be.

Again, I don't know all of the ramifications of doing this but it seems
straight forward and simple.

--
Greg
http://www.claritycon.com/

Quote:
> When i create a new windows application, the first form is
> called Form1.  Is there a way to allow me to name that
> form before the form is created?  I know i can change the
> form name after the new application is created, but thats
> fairly anoying.  Is there away around this?
> Thanks,
> John

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 01:21:31 GMT
 Form1.cs on new applications
Cool!!  It works.  I've made several sample apps and
everything seems to work just fine.

Just curious...HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT?

Quote:

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 03:25:34 GMT
 Form1.cs on new applications
Just digging around in the .Net install directories.  It's probably
documented somewhere (potentially not public docs though) but I don't know
where that would be.  Glad it worked for you.

--
Greg
http://www.claritycon.com/

Quote:
> Cool!!  It works.  I've made several sample apps and
> everything seems to work just fine.

> Just curious...HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT?

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 03:50:18 GMT

1. How to show/call Form2.cs from Form1.cs ?

3. Shell Command: How to open a new IE window instead of creating a new IT application

4. Start randomly fails to show Windows Form1

5. Use form1 load form2

6. Access Form1.TextBox1 from Class1.MyFunction()

7. class scoping Form1 OK but -not at button, newbie

8. Form1.Size - error???

9. Dynamically change Form1 Text

10. How in VC# to cancel Form1?

11. Trouble accessing Form1.listBox from Form2

12. try .. catch around Application.Run( Form1.Instance ) ???