How to use the System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp namespace?
Author Message
 How to use the System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp namespace?

In Beta2, the following code will not compile. It's telling me that the
namespance doens't exist. What's wrong?

--------------------------
using System;
using System.Runtime.Remoting;
using System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels;
using System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp;

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 11:01:52 GMT
 How to use the System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp namespace?

Quote:
> In Beta2, the following code will not compile. It's telling me that the
> namespance doens't exist. What's wrong?

> --------------------------
> using System;
> using System.Runtime.Remoting;
> using System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels;
> using System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp;

Have you added a reference to System.Runtime.Remoting.DLL?  That's where
those namespaces exist.  If you're doing a command line compile, include
the DLL with:

csc /r:System.Runtime.Remoting.DLL ...

--
Patrick Steele

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 11:34:55 GMT
 How to use the System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp namespace?
That's it!
Thank you so much!!

Quote:

> > In Beta2, the following code will not compile. It's telling me that the
> > namespance doens't exist. What's wrong?

> > --------------------------
> > using System;
> > using System.Runtime.Remoting;
> > using System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels;
> > using System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp;

> Have you added a reference to System.Runtime.Remoting.DLL?  That's where
> those namespaces exist.  If you're doing a command line compile, include
> the DLL with:

> csc /r:System.Runtime.Remoting.DLL ...

> --
> Patrick Steele

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 20:31:09 GMT

1. about the namespace System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp

2. System.runtime.remoting.channels.http?

3. When to use System.Net and System.Runtime.Remoting

4. System.Runtime.InteropServices.VTableCallsNotSupportedException

5. Unhandled Exception: System.Configuration.ConfigurationException: Could not create System Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler, System

6. System.Runtime.Remoting - Sending an Image through a TcpChannel

7. Problems with namespace System::Collections::Specialized

8. Managed C++ can't see System::Text::RegularExpressions namespace

9. System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.StringToHGlobalAuto

10. System::Runtime::InteropServices::Out with Arrays

11. catching System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

12. System.RunTime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapFormatter