alternative NET framework
Author Message
 alternative NET framework

I am afraid my question should not really go into this newsgroup, but I
think it's closely connected to C# :

Is there an alternative NET runtime environment besides MS Net Framework??
If not (that's my guess), do you think any will ever exist?

Sun, 15 May 2005 05:49:17 GMT
 alternative NET framework
There is one in development:

http://www.go-mono.com/

Lee

Quote:
> I am afraid my question should not really go into this newsgroup, but I
> think it's closely connected to c# :

> Is there an alternative NET runtime environment besides MS Net Framework??
> If not (that's my guess), do you think any will ever exist?

Sun, 15 May 2005 07:07:55 GMT
 alternative NET framework
You can find more information here(see Frameworks):

http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/csharp/tools/default.aspx

Chris R.

Quote:
> I am afraid my question should not really go into this newsgroup, but
> think it's closely connected to c# :

> Is there an alternative NET runtime environment besides MS Net
Framework??
> If not (that's my guess), do you think any will ever exist?

Sun, 15 May 2005 09:26:20 GMT
 alternative NET framework
http://www.go-mono.net

They are not all the way there yet, but serious, and showing a lot of
progress.  Look for them to be ready sometime middle of next year at the
current rate.

Quote:
> I am afraid my question should not really go into this newsgroup, but I
> think it's closely connected to c# :

> Is there an alternative NET runtime environment besides MS Net Framework??
> If not (that's my guess), do you think any will ever exist?

Sun, 15 May 2005 14:10:04 GMT

1. Regular .Net Framework versus Compact .Net Framework

2. Alternative Frameworks?

3. VS.NET and .NET Framework

4. Alternative to MFC and ATL/COM in .NET

5. "Microsoft .NET Framework Configuration" + mscorlib.resources

6. .NET Compact Framework

7. Books covering the .NET Framework Class Library?

8. Class Library (.NET Framework)

9. csharp app for machines withoug .NET framework

10. vs.NET and framework

11. VS 2003 targeting .NET Framework 1.0

12. How to - Screenshot with C# / Csharp and (.net) dotnet compact framework