How to add image into resource file using VS.NET
Author Message
 How to add image into resource file using VS.NET
Hi everyone,
How can image files be added into resource file (eg MyProgram.resx) inVisual
Studio .NET without using ResourceWriter class?
I am very grateful for any suggesttion.
Thank you in advance!

Sun, 12 Jun 2005 23:16:42 GMT
 How to add image into resource file using VS.NET
Hi,

May be this is not the answer, But still why don't you use a Image List and
store your Images in there and use them with the index as you need it.

Nirosh.

Quote:
> Hi everyone,
> How can image files be added into resource file (eg MyProgram.resx)
inVisual
> Studio .NET without using ResourceWriter class?
> I am very grateful for any suggesttion.
> Thank you in advance!

Mon, 13 Jun 2005 13:27:57 GMT
 How to add image into resource file using VS.NET
Hi Phan,

Again, may be this is not what you want since it puts the image into the
compiled assembly file itself, but here's the way I usually use:

1. Add the image file to the project.
2. Set its "Build" property to "Embedded Resource" instead of "Content"
3. Re-compile the project.

Now you'll be able to load the image using
Assembly.GetManifestResourceStream(...)

--
Dmitriy Lapshin
X-Unity Unit Testing and Integration Environment

Quote:
> Hi everyone,
> How can image files be added into resource file (eg MyProgram.resx)
inVisual
> Studio .NET without using ResourceWriter class?
> I am very grateful for any suggesttion.
> Thank you in advance!

Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:34:05 GMT
 How to add image into resource file using VS.NET

Thank you a lot Dmitriy, it works more than I expected!

Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:04:17 GMT
 How to add image into resource file using VS.NET

  Thank you a lot Dmitriy, it works more than I expected!
  Phan Nguyen

Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:04:18 GMT

1. Adding Resources to C# in VS.Net

2. Deployment tool crashes VS.NET if you add a .obj file

3. VS.NET: Adding one .cs file to more then one project

4. Adding cs-files from another directory in VS.NET

5. VS.NET Enterprise Vs VS.NET Professional

6. Image loses quality when added as a resource

7. Image Resources in .NET

8. Changes in C# between VS.NET Beta and VS.NET Final versions

9. Adding string tables to the resources in .net

10. VC++ .Net closing when adding a Resource

11. VS.NET and resources

12. Repositioning controls in VS.NET resource editor