Diagnostics.Process.Start from Windows Service Question
Author Message
 Diagnostics.Process.Start from Windows Service Question

I am trying to launch an application from a Windows Server. When I call the
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start on a Windows Form I get the following
error,

"An unhandled exception of type 'System.TypeInitializationException'
occurred in system.drawing.dll

Additional information: The type initializer for
"System.Drawing.SafeNativeMethods" threw an exception."

Does this mean you are unable to execute applications from a Windows
Service?

Thanks
drachon

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:28:20 GMT
 Diagnostics.Process.Start from Windows Service Question
Just a guess here. I would think it has to do with security of the service
user. Maybe try adjusting the security for the service user to allow it to
interact with desktop.

--

-Ryan

I am trying to launch an application from a Windows Server. When I call the
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start on a Windows Form I get the following
error,

"An unhandled exception of type 'System.TypeInitializationException'
occurred in system.drawing.dll

Additional information: The type initializer for
"System.Drawing.SafeNativeMethods" threw an exception."

Does this mean you are unable to execute applications from a Windows
Service?

Thanks
drachon

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 13:09:36 GMT

1. Diagnostics.Process.Start from Windows Service Question

2. Windows service applications (System.Diagnostics.DebuggableAttribute headaches)

3. System.Diagnostics.Process Questions

4. starting a process from service

5. Windows Service (not a web service) question

6. Windows Service not starting with 1053 error - one of possible causes - solution

7. windows service start() has no contract!

8. Can't start windows service...

9. How to start/stop a Windows service from another program

10. Basic windows service from wizard - installs but ain't there for a net start

11. Working with System.Diagnostics.Process

12. System.Diagnostics.Process, WaitForExit