Internationalization and C#
Author Message
 Internationalization and C#

Hi,

I've got some questions referring to internationalization in C#:

1. If I set the "RightToLeft"-Property of a TextBox to YES the only thing
that changes is the alignment. I can't write form RightToLeft. Is this
intended (i.e. OS dependent, only in hebraic, arabic windows) or a bug?

2. I want to use the DateTimePicker resp. the MonthCalendar control. I'm
afraid it also doesn't depend on the CultureInfo (resp. the Locale-Property)
but again on the OS? Bug or intended?!

3. In some control (e.g. DataGrid) I can set the Locale (to change the
sorting order) but it doesn't have any effect. In fact in changes back to
it's old value one Debug-Step later. On the other side the CultureInfo works
(in this case). We use STA!!!

Any helping hands ;-) ...???

regards

OS

Sun, 21 Nov 2004 16:58:38 GMT
 Internationalization and C#
    As for the RTL issue,  it sounds like it's working as Intended.  Just
because it's right-justified shouldn't change the way you type and display
left-to-right languages - Install Arabic display and input support and
you'll see it work RTL as you expect.  Hope someone else can help you with
2&3 off the top of their heads.

-Bryce

Quote:
> Hi,

> I've got some questions referring to internationalization in C#:

> 1. If I set the "RightToLeft"-Property of a TextBox to YES the only thing
> that changes is the alignment. I can't write form RightToLeft. Is this
> intended (i.e. OS dependent, only in hebraic, arabic windows) or a bug?

> 2. I want to use the DateTimePicker resp. the MonthCalendar control. I'm
> afraid it also doesn't depend on the CultureInfo (resp. the
Locale-Property)
> but again on the OS? Bug or intended?!

> 3. In some control (e.g. DataGrid) I can set the Locale (to change the
> sorting order) but it doesn't have any effect. In fact in changes back to
> it's old value one Debug-Step later. On the other side the CultureInfo
works
> (in this case). We use STA!!!

> Any helping hands ;-) ...???

> regards

> OS

Mon, 22 Nov 2004 01:41:57 GMT

1. Programming for Internationalization FAQ

2. Programming for Internationalization FAQ

3. Programming for Internationalization FAQ

4. Programming for Internationalization FAQ

5. Programming for Internationalization FAQ

6. Internationalization/Localization Software Engineer needed for a Silicon Valley Internet company

7. Programming for Internationalization FAQ

8. Internationalization and localization

9. Programming for Internationalization FAQ

10. Programming for Internationalization FAQ

11. Programming for Internationalization FAQ

12. Programming for Internationalization FAQ