Adding Resources to C# in VS.Net
Author Message
 Adding Resources to C# in VS.Net

   Can anyone tell me how to add resources to a C# project in VS.Net? I'm
not talking about multinational capabilities, I mean resources like in C++
project. .bin files .bmp's etc.
   I know I can compile them into my project from the command line using the
"/resource:" switch but I want to be able to debug with them in my VS.Net
projects.
   Thanks in Advance,
      James Litten

Sun, 13 Jul 2003 07:17:51 GMT
 Adding Resources to C# in VS.Net
Hi Ash,

just drag and drop the resource file into your project (or add existing
item). Then make sure you set it's build action to embedded resource.

Quote:
>    Can anyone tell me how to add resources to a C# project in VS.Net? I'm
> not talking about multinational capabilities, I mean resources like in C++
> project. .bin files .bmp's etc.
>    I know I can compile them into my project from the command line using
the
> "/resource:" switch but I want to be able to debug with them in my VS.Net
> projects.
>    Thanks in Advance,
>       James Litten

Sun, 13 Jul 2003 14:45:20 GMT
 Adding Resources to C# in VS.Net
Build action did the trick. Right under my nose as usual #8^)
Thanks!

Quote:
> Hi Ash,

> just drag and drop the resource file into your project (or add existing
> item). Then make sure you set it's build action to embedded resource.

> >    Can anyone tell me how to add resources to a C# project in VS.Net?
I'm
> > not talking about multinational capabilities, I mean resources like in
C++
> > project. .bin files .bmp's etc.
> >    I know I can compile them into my project from the command line using
> the
> > "/resource:" switch but I want to be able to debug with them in my
VS.Net
> > projects.
> >    Thanks in Advance,
> >       James Litten

Sun, 13 Jul 2003 20:56:26 GMT
 Adding Resources to C# in VS.Net
Is there a sample you can point me to on how to access these resources ?
Is it possible to add a string table resource using the same method ?

Thanks in advance.

JuanC

Quote:
> Build action did the trick. Right under my nose as usual #8^)
> Thanks!

> > Hi Ash,

> > just drag and drop the resource file into your project (or add existing
> > item). Then make sure you set it's build action to embedded resource.

> > >    Can anyone tell me how to add resources to a C# project in VS.Net?
> I'm
> > > not talking about multinational capabilities, I mean resources like in
> C++
> > > project. .bin files .bmp's etc.
> > >    I know I can compile them into my project from the command line
using
> > the
> > > "/resource:" switch but I want to be able to debug with them in my
> VS.Net
> > > projects.
> > >    Thanks in Advance,
> > >       James Litten

Mon, 14 Jul 2003 05:20:56 GMT

1. How to add image into resource file using VS.NET

2. Changes in C# between VS.NET Beta and VS.NET Final versions

3. ANN: Xtreme Simplicity C# Refactory add-in for VS.NET released

4. ANN: Xtreme Simplicity C# Refactory Release Candidate 1 - Refactoring add-in for VS.NET

5. ANN: Xtreme-simplicity C# Refactory BETA 1 released - refactoring add-in for VS.NET

6. VS.NET: Adding one .cs file to more then one project

7. Adding cs-files from another directory in VS.NET

8. C# .NET vs C++ .NET

9. Visual C# .NET Standard vs. Visual Studio.NET

10. Visual C# Standard vs VS.NET Pro

11. IntelliSense in VS.NET (C# versus VB.NET)

12. VS.NET Enterprise Vs VS.NET Professional