Viewing Assembly Download cache through Explorer
Author Message
 Viewing Assembly Download cache through Explorer

Hi folks,

In the release version of .NET, i don't find any
assemblies in the download cache when viewed
through Windows Explorer's view (fusion) in the
winnt\assembly\Download folder.
This used to work fine in RC1 and Beta 2.
I am sure there are assemblies in the download
cache because from the command line
gacutil -ldl
returns 5 assemblies.
But when viewed through Windows Explorer,
there are no assemblies listed in the list view.
What could be the reason for this, folks ?

TIA,
Akshay

PS:
I can see assemblies in the GAC however through explorer.
Just the Download cache is an issue.

Fri, 20 Aug 2004 01:50:39 GMT
 Viewing Assembly Download cache through Explorer
the location of the download cache was moved to :
C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application
Data\assembly\dl

rajasi

Quote:
> Hi folks,

> In the release version of .NET, i don't find any
> assemblies in the download cache when viewed
> through Windows Explorer's view (fusion) in the
> winnt\assembly\Download folder.
> This used to work fine in RC1 and Beta 2.
> I am sure there are assemblies in the download
> cache because from the command line
> gacutil -ldl
> returns 5 assemblies.
> But when viewed through Windows Explorer,
> there are no assemblies listed in the list view.
> What could be the reason for this, folks ?

> TIA,
> Akshay

> PS:
> I can see assemblies in the GAC however through explorer.
> Just the Download cache is an issue.

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 02:50:10 GMT
 Viewing Assembly Download cache through Explorer
In my company, the IT department had the nice idea to set up quotas on our
NT profiles (which are roaming ones).
They did not know about .Net, and discovered somewhat late that it was a
problem.
Does anybody know if the assembly cache can be configured to be stored in
another place ?
(this is on Win NT 4, sp 6a)
Thanks,
Vincent Mahon

Quote:
> the location of the download cache was moved to :
> C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application
> Data\assembly\dl
> [...]

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 05:57:33 GMT

1. load specific version of assembly that is in the cache in the object Assembly

2. CBindStatusCallback::Download and local cache

3. CBindStatusCallback::Download and local cache

4. Global Assembly Cache (GAC) question

5. Global Assembly Cache and Updates

6. Programmatic access to Global Assembly Cache

7. Referencing DLL's in Global Assembly Cache

8. General Assembly Cache

9. Global Assembly Cache woes

10. COM object into Global assembly cache

11. How to programmaticaly delete Internet Explorer Cache ?

12. How to access the cache filefor Explorer